Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

PoppyPoo

Inky Minx
If you have recently started CD with not too much weight to lose I'd love to hear from you. There seems to be more of us around than I initially thought so I think it will be great for us all to offer eachother some like-minded support and sharing of experiences.

I'm also hoping to get together a group of people that are willing to stay in touch here after reaching goal so we can have weekly weigh-ins, show them here and support eachother to keep the weight off for good.

If you want to be a part of it, copy and paste the list below into a reply post and I'll contact you to ask for your start weight and BMI, goal weight and BMI and current weight and BMI. The results will be published every Monday.

Member List...
1.PoppyPoo

Last edited:
Awesome!

-----------------------
Member List...
1.PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon

Hi
I have a BMI of 24 (started originally with a BMI of 28.5 , please ignore my ticker, I haven't updated it in ages and my weight loss journey have been in two stages so I had another ticker previously). I am aiming for a BMI of 20. Sounds low I know but I am only 5 foot 1 so my CDC assures me it will suit my body! I am going to see how I feel when I get down to a BMI of 22 though...

What CD plan are you both doing?
x

Hi madameruthybaby!

Snap! My weight loss on my signature is also shown in stages. I've been maintaining BMI 24 for years but have just started CD (810). I'm now in my 2nd week. I have lost half a stone and have another half stone to go to reach my goal.

I'm only 5ft 3" and small framed so I feel my best at between BMI 20 and 22. At BMI 20 other people told me I was too skinny but I felt great - had lots of energy and could bend into yoga positions I couldn't even dream of at BMI 24/25!!! ;)

Oooh forgot to ask - does that mean you're member 3 in our club?
xx

I do believe that does make me member 3! I have never had a low BMI so I really can't imagine what I would look like with a BMI of 20 which is why I aim to get to 22 first and see how I feel. Really I would just like to be a size 8 because unfortunately seen as I am only 5 foot 1, I look bigger than the dress size I wear!! Your sleeve looks pretty cool, I will have to post pics of my sleeve and others at some point but I have never got round to putting pics up on here! I can't believe you only have half a stone to go until your goal - I would guess you will be there in a couple of weeks easily!

My CDC said I should SS until BMI 22 and then start moving up the stages. I know that contradicts what others have told, so I was a little worried about that but I am going to carry on doing what my CDC says.

How did you find maintaining your weight? Was it ok?

Heya Madameruthy, I'm SS-ing! Some people in the forum disagree and say I shouldn't but I know it's the right thing for me...this forum is great because you hear the good and the bad but ultimately the decision is yours!x I'm the same, at 5'6 some would be happy at a size 12 but it looks huge on me! Size 10 is really where I'm comfortable :)

Awww cool another inky chick! Would love to see some pics. Yeah unfortunately when you're a petite height and frame, you tend not to carry weight as well as taller chicks. I like being short although I would never entertain dating a dude below 5ft 10". Dunno what that's about!

I think you're right - about 2 weeks or so. It'd be good of course if my 2nd wk loss on CD is as good as my 1st but I don't think it will as the 1st wk is usually the best. S'all goo tho - I'm nearly there! Yay!

Siobhan, I totally get that. I thought it was weird you were started on SS based on what I read on CD website but then I was told I shouldn't have started on 810. I'm in my 2nd wk and feeling absolutley fine now. 1st wk was a struggle but getting used to it now. I guess I'm almost SS-ing too because I haven't been having my milk on some days and only a little on others, having smaller protein meals than suggested and one day I missed my protein meal because I wasn't in the mood for it.

I can't wait to see what I lose at my 2nd WI but I won't be disheartened if it's not that good. Weekends are hard I think cuz of Sunday roasts, Sat night in front of telly, etc but I did it last wk and will do it again this week!

We are now 3! Yay!

-----------------------
Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby

Well I just checked on the scales girls, I know I shouldn't but fancied a peek and after three days (this being my 4th) I lost 2lbs! That is pretty good for me as it would take me a week or more to lose that on anything else! Not setting my sights too high but would love a big loss this week!
Poppy I am totally not hungry today, am doing pretty well on SS...no headaches today and plenty of energy, also totally psyched about losing and seeing results fast!
Am not going out this weekend either so I know I'll be able to stick to it as long as I keep motivated :)
Ps, Would also never and have never gone out with anyone shorted than 5.11!!! (Picky, picky chubby girl! ;) )

I am so glad you posted this thread PoppyPoo because it's nice to chat to people who are at a similar BMI and have a similar aim etc

:) :) :)

My bloke is about 5' 9 I think bless him, but he is a right hottie so I really don't mind his height at all. And plus he is still 8 inches taller than me so he still makes me feel nice and tiny if that makes sense!!

Oh jesus - I think we are all posting at the same time. I like it when you get replies quickly, makes me feel less of a loser for pressing refresh all of the time!

Haha! This thread is the highlight of my day!

Well done Siobhan! I'm a serial weigher too. My CDC told me to hide them away but I just couldn't help myself and tbh I had a ***** week last week (life wise) and the knowledge of my big loss kept me strong so I'm glad I did.

Oooh ruthy, I forgot to reply to your question earlier about maintaining. I've found that when I don't watch my weight too closely I'm destined to be around 10st and can go up to 10 and a half at xmas time.

However, it does get worse yr by yr doesn't it as you are meant to lower your daily calorie intake slightly as you get older. I'm 33 yrs old.

Anyway, I've never been happy at BMI 24/25 and so I am determined now to get back to BMI 22ish and aim to stay there for good this time.

I've had a crazy couple of yrs, even bed-ridden with illness for long strecthes of time, so I'm proud of myself that my weight didn't get out of control at that point.

I'm now comfortably back in my size 10s (that's the difference of even half a stone for me) and can't wait to be in a size 8!!!!

xxx

Totally getya Pop! I am coming 30 in three weeks-ish! GRIM the amount of weight I have gained this year! Went up to a 14...unheard of for me previously but back to a 12 now, still not over the moon about it! I too was pretty ill a while back and house-ridden for aaaaages so losing the weight will be an emotional thing too! Gotta get it sorted and head's in the right place now! :)
Looking forward to losing some of it before the 27th which is when I am celebrating although b-day is on the 23rd! Would love to walk into the pub looking class! ;)

Hi wannabe10. Feel free to join us hun if you feel it is going to help you in your weight loss journey. The idea of the group is for anyone who doesn't have too much to lose (not necessarily BMI 25 and below).

Yes you can still expect big losses on CD even if you only have a little way to go. Look at me - I started at BMI 24 last week and lost 8lbs!!! And I was on 810 as opposed to SS or SS+.

xx

Back