Starting CD With Not Much Weight To Lose?

Thanks KD. I'm coping ok on 810 (have just started my 2nd wk and it's the first time I've ever done CD at all).

I was pretty lethargic last wk but have improved this week. I do still get hungry but I think it's because I'm not really enjoying my protein meals and haven't been eating enough. TBH I would prefer 4 shakes a day than 3 shakes and a meal but didn't think I should be doing that at my current BMI.

I have also been paranoid about muscle loss and really want to hit the weights and increase cardiovascular activity. If I step up to 1000 kcals and increase my activity levels I hoped to expect similar losses as I will be burning off that extra 200ish cals through exercise. I just don't want to confuse my body and cause it to grab on to any extra carbs and fat I take in on the higher plan. Do you think it will give me a chance to stabilise if I do another wk on 810 then and wait til next week to hit the weights? I do still have plenty of visible fat (thighs and bum) but tummy is hard to tell because of excess skin from 6st lost.

Sorry for all the questions KD, but you are a total star at answering! ;)

Hiya Gem, I know what you mean but I don't think you can change the name of a thread once started. We could always start posting on a new one.

I'm on 810 myself not SS. And with CDCs like KD contributing I think it should be fine. There does seem to be a lot of confusion though about what plan people are meant to start on.

What to do?
x

No the person who started the thread can change the title. U can go to the first post and press the edit button, then click the edit button under the post and u can change the title!

I am liking this thread, just think some ppl may get the wrong idea about it.

How are u doing anyway? 810 looks so appealing to me right now! Miss food but sure I can go without it for another few weeks :)

Hi guys can I join- I am away this weekend and feel I am going to need support getting back on the straight and narrow.

Member List...
1. PoppyPoo
2. SiobhanVon
3. madameruthybaby
4. wannabe10
5. Greenygirl

New members: please copy and paste the above, put your name at the end of the list and post it in reply here on this thread.

Hi, Wannabe10,

Well my CDC has put me on SS and tells me to stay there untill I reach my target. I see her on monday for my 3rd WI. However I am away at the weekend with Inlaws and know staying on plan will be almost impossible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice KD. I think I will discuss this with my CDC on Saturday when I get weighed and voice my concerns....

Thats my plan too CD till goal then WW to maintain. I lost a lot on WW before and maintained but this last year has seen lots of stress and over a stone put on!! I am waving goodbye to my belly again ;)-

Hiya Gem, I know what you mean but I don't think you can change the name of a thread once started. We could always start posting on a new one.

x

Poppy as you started the thread you can change the name. Go to the CD 100% forum and double click just to the right of the thread title and itll open and allow you to change it :)

Thats how people change their diary titles every day :)

No the person who started the thread can change the title. U can go to the first post and press the edit button, then click the edit button under the post and u can change the title!

Ahhh wicked! Any ideas of what to change it to? It needs to draw people in. How about "Are You Close to Goal?" or "Close to Goal Support Group" ?

I don't really know. =/

Yeah I like that! Let me give it some more thought. Ooh and welcome greenygirl! xx

Hey girlies, just off the phone to Dell for FOUR HOURS!!! Computer is playing up something awful so I've not been on all day...on the upside I did sip lots of water on the phone! :) So good news, after checking on the sly again I lost another 1lb...so that's 3 so far in four days! Am chuffed to bits! Also somewhat worried about the muscle thing but I'll sort it...just off out to take the dog for a walk! Be on later x Ps Lovin this thread...it has all the info I need!! :)
Popp, so sorry to hear about your mate. Always tragic when someone young passes away...especially when they have kids x
Wannabe10, howya mate!?! Hope you're getting on well today, you glad you're doing it?

. Do you think it will give me a chance to stabilise if I do another wk on 810 then and wait til next week to hit the weights? I do still have plenty of visible fat (thighs and bum) but tummy is hard to tell because of excess skin from 6st lost.

Theoretically, you should still lose on 1,000. Trouble is, the scales don't always reflect it (even after exercise).

when you exercise (highly recommended and all that), the scales don't tell the whole story. People often report a gain and many will say it's the added muscle. Well....it isn't ;) You can't build muscle if you are in a calorie deficit. What happens is the muscles hold on to some extra water. You still burn fat though, but the scales can't often tell the difference.

What will happen though if you do some strength training, is that you will help preserve the muscle you have. Cool eh.

If you don't feel well on 810, move up to 1,000. If you find it okay....stick with it for a little longer (assuming you want to lose more). It's a bit harder going from 1,000 then changing your mind and moving back to 810 as you will be well out of ketosis.

Not sure that answers your question.

Thanks Siobhan and well done on the extra 1lb!!! :D

Thought ya'll might be interested to know, I decided to jump up from step2 to step3 (from 810 kcals to 1000 kcals).

I was so eager to do some exercise and doing weights on 810 is not a great idea. I didn't have my 3rd shake but had my skinless turkey breast and veg (as in 810 plan) but with a serving of sweet potato. I can have a boiled egg and slice of granary bread today too (as I didn't have it this morning due to stepping up the plans this evening) and a bit of salad and that all equates to about 1000kcals for the day.

Oh my gosh! The sweet potato was good!!!!!! First proper carbs all week! Hopefully I'll lose a couple of pounds this week and a couple of pounds next week. If so, I'll be over the moon!

I won a lot of exercise equipment on eBay and I've been so eager to use it all week but have been feeling so weak. My 8lb loss has kick started me and I only have another half stone to go so I reckon this is the best way for me now. :)

Ooooh and just found out I can have my glass of milk and a bit of fruit too. You guys will be on this plan soon too. Can't wait til we're all maintaining!

Sorry KD hun. I missed your post. Yes that answers lots for me. Thanks so much! :D

I don't mind my loss slowing down as I only have half a stone to go and I'm not too fussed about the scales as I also go by how my clothes fit, how I look, compliments I get, etc.

Also, I reckon that excess skin on my tummy that won't go away with diet or exercise will take another 5 or so pounds off me at least, if I get the go ahead for the TT.

Back