Starting exante diet!

mands

Hi everyone, i'm mandie and will be soon starting exante.

I'll tell you a bit about how i've been trying to lose weight. I started doing lighterlife last september. I only managed to stay on the diet for 9 weeks! eek! I lost 20 pounds but then my grandma became really ill and because the only family she's got is me and my sister I had to look after her. I live in blackburn and she was living in leeds (shes moved in with me now).

I think it was just all the stress, but i couldnt continue with the diet. Now i've managed to put 12 lbs back on!

I've decided to do exante rather than lighterlife, because then I wont have to leave the house (i've got 4 kids as well as gran to look after)! lol

How is everyone finding this diet? Do you struggle because you dont have a counsellor on hand? There's no consultants in my area.

Is the weight loss as fast as lighterlife?

I'm looking forward to starting and finally getting to my goal, I never have before! lol.

I'd be very grateful for any hints or tips! Thank you and you all look like you are doing brilliantly!!!

Mands x

Hi,
You sound like you've really got your hands full. Good for you for looking after your Nan too.
I have done LL and found the group and counsellor kind of essential. I have done it for quite a long time and then swapped to exante as an economy. I wondered how I'd get on without the group, and although I#m not doing too badly, you do need to actively focus yourself. If you have your LL manual I would work through it and do the exercises to help you. Especially as it was stress that caused you to lapse.There is stuff in the manual that helps you look at that and work through it.
I quite like the packs on exante. I have to say I have had side effects that I didn't have on LL. I get nauseous and headaches. Not so bad to make me give up, yet! I did feel very nauseous when I went back on it after eating at xmas.So maybe prepare yourself for a few queasy days. I have all the shakes hot with tablet sweeteners as they are not as sweet as LL, but you may prefer them.The soups are much nicer. I have ketostix to check that I'm in Ketosis and test it every morning and that helps keep me on track. I wish you all the best. Prepare your head with lots of reasons why you are doing this and have some relaxing enjoyable strategies for when it gets a bit difficult. I have lost nearly 5 stone since September and I cant say enough how much I feel I have got my old self and my life back again. It is so worth it. Good luck !!!

wow tummy tamer! 5 stones lost since september that's amazing! Well done.

Thanx for the advice, I do still have the lighterlife books, so I think I will dig them out and work through them again. You're right, I do reach for food much more when I'm stressed (though I reach for it too much even when I'm not lol).

I'm going to start on friday! Can't wait! (I know, I should start tomorrow, but I'm finishing the decorating, so will be mega busy).

Keep up your brilliant work!

Mands x

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would post on this one seeing as I just started Exante yesterday. My biggest problem so far was the pharmacist who refused to sell ketostix to me, but I've overcome that by ordering them online.
I've read a few of the posts in this forum, and you all seem like a lovely bunch and I'm really impressed with the commitment to weight loss you've all shown. Any tips for getting through the first two weeks would be gratefully received!

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would post on this one seeing as I just started Exante yesterday. My biggest problem so far was the pharmacist who refused to sell ketostix to me, but I've overcome that by ordering them online.
I've read a few of the posts in this forum, and you all seem like a lovely bunch and I'm really impressed with the commitment to weight loss you've all shown. Any tips for getting through the first two weeks would be gratefully received!
That makes me sooooo mad that they wouldn't sell you ketostix, I have heard of that but I've never had any trouble.It is soooooo hypocritical of them, they wouldn't hesitate to sell me, say when I was Obese [ I am just plain old overweight now thankyou] a truckload of chocolate so I could go home and scoff myself into a heart attack and diabetes !!!!!!

Hi pinkeyes!

I haven't done exante before, but i've done lighterlife and I think it's pretty similar (are you doing total solution, no conventional food?). If you are my best advice would be lot and lots of water!! I drank 3 litres a day whilst doing lighterlife and I never got any of the headaches, tiredness or tummy probs! Where as a couple of others in my group were only managing around 2litres and they got terrible headaches the first few days.

I'm hoping I wont get any of the first week side effects this time! Although ketosis does start quite soon after starting the diet, i knew it was the third day with me because of the horrible taste in my mouth (and hubby telling me, your breath stinks)! lol

This time around i'm going to look further into the future (not the next weigh in) because im determined to get to goal this time! I always seem to lose about a stone and a half easily, then really struggle to lose more.

Good luck with your exante journey and WE WILL get to goal this time!!

Mands x

Thanks for your replies - I feel really welcome here!
I thought the refusal to let me buy ketostix was ridiculous - I'm trying to improve my health and after all it is only something you test your pee with! Would they refuse to sell a pregnancy testing kit to a man just because he isn't the intended target market? He can still pee on the stick without hurting himself (one assumes).
I'm trying out the total solution to begin with and seeing how I get on - so far I'm doing ok. Thanks for the tip about the water, I've been knocking back about 3 litres a day and a little bit of green tea as well - which is fine except I keep needed to go for a wee!
I have to say, I am really enjoying the meal replacements far more than I thought I would. I read on one of the other threads the tip about getting a mini milk frother to blend the soups and shakes when on the move, and picked up 3 of these at Ikea for the bargain price of 97p each, they work brilliantly! Not sure who gave the tip, but I must look back and thank them.

Hi everyone, hope you're all well!

Today going really well, had lots of water and loving the shakes!

Quak I noticed from your stats that you're 4ft 10in, I'm 4ft 11in and when I was doing lighterlife I always lost more slowly than the others in my group. My leader said it's because I'm short!! Have you found you lose slower than others?

Mands x

Hi Mands,
I do think that I have lost slower than some others, and I know everyone is different so it is hard to compare, but have still managed 6 stone in 6 months which is the target on this sort of diet so am happy with that.
B xx

The good luck wishes must be paying off, I feel great! I'm amazed that I don't feel hungry, and I was very pleased yesterday to get into a size 14 skirt that I wore for my third date with my now-fiance - I haven't been able to get into it for well over a year!
Tummy tamer, it was you - awesome tip!
I wish I had done this diet ages ago, it is so refreshing to have a break from 'normal food' and reassess my attitude towards eating.

Hi there,
How did you get on with Exante? I too tried Lighterlife for a while but found the weekly attendance to the group meetings too difficult as I'm a single mum.

I recently found a new programme/diet on the web called key2weight which is similar to Exante but cheaper, and the choc truffa bar was choco heaven

hi claire key2weight is actually more expensive than exante(bumper pack),its about the same price as the cambridge diet.

hi claire key2weight is actually more expensive than exante(bumper pack),its about the same price as the cambridge diet.

are you sure...Jusrt found this on their website...hadn't heard of it..may try??

Total Balance – My BMI is 30 or more:
3 food packs (soups or shakes) +1 bar every day.
After every 4 weeks, one week of a meal/day (see allowable food choices).
£46.99 (28 products)

It's considerably more expensive than Exante

Doesn't Exante work out to be £20something a week?

Back