Starting Exante TS

kissme

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

For the past few months I have been following SW, the plan is great but I just cant stick to it, I have PCOS and have been TTC for the last 3 years, my Dr has said she will support me all the way for fertility treatment and possible IVF if I lose the weight.

Plus I found out my best friend is pregnant and got caught on her first time.

I have stopped myself going for fertility testing to see just how low my chances are to concieve naturally, because I don't want them to say "we could do something if your BMI was 30 or lower"

I have been in a vicious cycle of watching other people around fall pregnant and me in tears stuffing my face! I want this to stop now!

I need to get slimmer and healthier to give me the best possible chances. It's about time I stopped beating my self up about stuff and made some positive steps.

I have just ordered a months supply of exante, and will be following the TS.

I'm really gonna need some support! Me and OH have stopped TTC as we don't want it to happen without me knowing about it!

Sorry about the huge long post but I had to get this off my chest!

Is there any tips anyone could give me?

You can do it, just stay focused on why your doing it.

Im doing it so I look better... what a shallow reason huh? Your doing it for a reason so much deeper and important then mine, so if I can do it, you can!

Drink LOTS of water, the hunger will pass, when you go into Ketosis you wont feel hungry, its just the demons in your head telling you to eat, once you block those little blighters out, it gets easier.

If you do slip up one day, just get right back on it and keep going.

How much do you want to lose?

Good luck!

hi hun I have alot to loose! and your reason isnt a silly one! its just as life changing as mine!

Im currently 284.5lb which is 20st 4.5 lb and I would love to get in the higher end of a healthy BMI ( i have a wide hips and wide shoulders!) so looking around 11 stone.

I have a mammoth journey ahead me, i didnt get like this over night :)

Just think of it this way, next Christmas you could be at goal!

Lots of people lose a stone or more a month, some lose that in their first week alone!

I'm quite lucky that I do lose quite quickly and It's my 23rd birthday tomorrow and I would love to have target insight by my 24th birthday!

hi, i have been in your shoes trying to conceive. tried so long to have Abbie who is now 4. it is a very emotional time. but it did happen for us when we decided to give up trying for another baby. maybe with you focused on this diet it will take some pressure off trying to conceive and you never know it might just happen for you. i wish you all the luck in the world ;)
the first few days will be hard until you get in to ketosis but once your there you wont feel hungry. keep up your water intake and do gentle exercise. try not to have forbidden foods in the house. start your own diary so you can see your progress and if ever you need help then log in to this site and there is always someone about!
good luck :)

hi, i have been in your shoes trying to conceive. tried so long to have Abbie who is now 4. it is a very emotional time. but it did happen for us when we decided to give up trying for another baby. maybe with you focused on this diet it will take some pressure off trying to conceive and you never know it might just happen for you. i wish you all the luck in the world ;)
the first few days will be hard until you get in to ketosis but once your there you wont feel hungry. keep up your water intake and do gentle exercise. try not to have forbidden foods in the house. start your own diary so you can see your progress and if ever you need help then log in to this site and there is always someone about!
good luck :)

Aww thanks for the support hun! sometimes I think when you are TTC it is the only thing on your mind and I dont want to be this big when I concieve, I want to have a happy healthy pregnancy, hopefully this diet will give me a great focus instead of the other!

We have stopped TTC until I get to goal or atleast until a BMI under 30.

I will start a diary on here, I'm sure it's not going to be easy but which losing weight plan is?
none!

Just wanted to say very best of luck to you - I did CD and lost around 3 stone (got to just under 14 stone so around BMI of 30)in the run up to my wedding and conceived shortly therafter - I had not TTC before but I'm sure losing weight helped me have a healthy pregnancy (although I'm now dealing with the weight I put back on plus another stone for good measure)- Just wanted to say I wish you all the luck in the world - and say don't worry too much about the effect on your cycle (mine was lengthened by about a week whilst doing a VLCD- but some people find the opposite- i guess with PCOS you might not worry too much if irregular anyway) and have you discussed doing the VLCD with your G.P? Loads of support on here if you find yourself struggling - I have really struggled this time and felt ashamed to post but everyone on here is so lovely and reading about others success and seeing photo's is so inspiring

Just wanted to say very best of luck to you - I did CD and lost around 3 stone (got to just under 14 stone so around BMI of 30)in the run up to my wedding and conceived shortly therafter - I had not TTC before but I'm sure losing weight helped me have a healthy pregnancy (although I'm now dealing with the weight I put back on plus another stone for good measure)- Just wanted to say I wish you all the luck in the world - and say don't worry too much about the effect on your cycle (mine was lengthened by about a week whilst doing a VLCD- but some people find the opposite- i guess with PCOS you might not worry too much if irregular anyway) and have you discussed doing the VLCD with your G.P? Loads of support on here if you find yourself struggling - I have really struggled this time and felt ashamed to post but everyone on here is so lovely and reading about others success and seeing photo's is so inspiring

Yeah with PCOS when I wasnt taking contraception my cylce was between 65 and 175 days!

Im 23 and started my period when I was 12 and only had 20 periods in my life so far. When you are as irregular as me you look forward to your next period!

I have spoken to my G.P previously about going on VLCD as I am a manic deppressive with Early COPD and M.E and my doctors has advised she moinitors me twice a month just to see the change in my weight and my conditions already.

She doesn't see any problem with it but obviously wants to keep an eye on me.

Everyone here seems so lovely! great support network!

Wle everyone my bumper pack arrived today and cant wait to get started tomorrow!!

Any tips if I dont like some of them?

It sometimes takes a while to get used to them but I like them all now. I add sweetner to some of the shakes (its gotta be the tablet type sweetner not the loose stuff) and pepper to the soups.

None of them have a really strong taste, some are a bit bland but I dont struggle eating any of it.

Back