Starting from Scratch Post-Holiday

Anti222

Hi all. Well, despite my best intentions, I went totally off-plan on my holiday. I was only in Center Parcs but as we were in the hotel we couldn't go self-catering so we ate out every night for a week! :eek: We had a few bits with us so I could have a healthy breakfast (mainly fruit or porridge made with water) and lunches didn't really happen often as we were so busy but the evening food and drinks were so, so bad. However, I had a brilliant time and refuse to feel guilty about it.

I'm therefore starting from scratch again from today. I'm going back to keeping a hand written food diary (I got fed up writing them so tried keeping one on here and then forgot about it so haven't kept one in a while). I find I stick to plan much better if I manually write it all down so I'm going to do that. I'm also going to rigorously stick to my syn allowance every day, aiming for between 5 and 10 syns rather than going to the full 15.

I won't be doing any EE days this week, I never really got on with them. It'll be mainly green days with a red thrown in here and there if I fancy a change. I also rediscovered my love for swimming while I was away so I'm planning on taking that up again in evenings after work. I'll have to fit this in around my work schedule (I travel a lot to different places each week so can't always make it to the pool before public swimming time ends) but I'm hoping to go once or twice a week.

Sorry for the slightly random post here, I feel much better now I've written it though as I'm feeling much more accountable for my forthcoming weightloss actions :) Thanks for listening!

Hi,
Well done in getting back into it. I am the exact same as you, im just back a week ago i was on holiday for 3 weeks and i ate no that bad during the day but at night i went mad with food. but as soon as i got back i was at weigh in the next day to take my gain on the chin and back into it.
Im glad i did ive got weigh in tomorrow and im hoping that ive got a good loss. your in the right mind frame so you will be able to do it no probs:)

In the same boat, back from holiday last week and struggled to get back into it, especially as I was on a cruise (in the same boat wasn't a pun I promise!) with food as all you can eat several times a day, and some how I only put on 2 pounds! :eek: ive no idea how, did not stick to slimming world in any shape or form but I did do a lot of walking which probably counteracted it. I'm determined to start back today!

Back