Starting Out!

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by ditzeeblonde, 21 June 2008 Social URL.

1. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi
    I'm just starting out on Juddd. This is day 2 & my first down day.

Has anyone had success on this diet? Seems like lots of people are doing it in the States & doing well on it!

I decided that Juddd was the right way for me to go as I was trying to get back onto a vlcd that I had succeeded at before but I just couldn't regain my focus... so I figured doing one day of my old diet 400cals per day & then having a day of not being so restricted!

Be good to hear of any stories, helpful hints that anyone has!

Have a good weekend.

Linzi.x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    :welcome:

Welcome ditzeeblonde,

Barb and a few others have done this diet and I am sure they will let you know how they got on when they are about.

Here is a link below and you will see a calculator to work how your calories.

Johnson Upday Downday Diet: How to do the diet

Like any diet you will have to give it a couple of weeks at least to see how you are getting on.

Here is a link to help you put up a weight tracker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

If you need any help be sure to ask.

Love Mini xxx

4. Jo_Novark

Jo_Novark New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/UDDD
    Hello Linzi,

I'm going to join you and give this a try over the next couple weeks. I have lost 4 stone with CD but need to keep it off now. I have been managing this for the last 2 months but can feel myself slipping. Was going to do 810 (CD) but think i'll give this a try instead.... I'll do my first DD tomorrow using CD shakes/bars.

Wish me luck! ;)

5. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Jo
    Good luck for tomorrow! I managed ok yesterday 3 shakes @100 cals & an atkins bar @150 cals. So I'll also be on a down day again tomorrow!

I am going to try to keep my up days fairly low carb too (at least thats the idea) at the moment!

Well done on your weight loss so far thats fabulous!

Linzi.x

6. Jo_Novark

Jo_Novark New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/UDDD
    Hi Linzi,

How's it going? I had my DD yesterday, 2 Cd shakes & a CD bar. I must admit I was starving all day, but I had had 4 slices of bread the previous day and I think that was causing me the probs. I'm trying to be as low carb as poss today, see how it goes tomorrow......

7. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    Hi there you two, how are you getting along? Do you alternate the high and low days or just aim to do a certain amount each week?
    Would love to hear how it is going. Very interesting concept.

8. Jo_Novark

Jo_Novark New Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/UDDD
    Hi Frances,

I've just been away for 2 weeks but back on first DD today. (Only put 3lb on while away - which has now gone!:D) It did seem to be working well before I went away. I was just doing Mon/Wed/Fri as DD's. I might just do alternate days now - will have to see if I can hack it at the weekend!? I'm reading through the 'Alternate Day Diet' book at the moment. Bit technical up to now but I'll stick with it.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes. It has quite a following :clap: Clairejen did it here and got down to goal. I think she uses it for maintenance too.

You can usually find her on the http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/3659-last-stone-mission-roll-up.html thread.

Very best of luck with Juddd :)

10. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    I have been doing W8 Regular (adding a meal daily) and my weight loss has slowed. I am convinced it is because I am in starvation mode, so I am going to do 2 weeks of combining W8 and JUDDD and see if that works for me.
    Did a W8 Rapid day yesterday -- meal replacements only -- 580 cals. And today, I am having the meal replacements plus as much as I want to eat off the Regular food list. This way I will be low-carbing and keeping my UpDay fairly moderate, calorie-wise.

I'll let you know how I get on next Wenesday.

11. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

Diet:
    SIRTfood
    How is it going? I'm still maintaining on JUDDD, and can't imagine any other way of eating now. You can expect to lose 1.5-2lbs a week, which is a sensible loss in my book. I had been having the same problem as Francesmag, after a couple of weeks on a diet my body would adapt and I didn't lose any more.

12. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hey there, how you getting on?

13. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Hi,

I still lost the same 3lbs, which although is a good weight loss I hoped it would get me a 4lbs loss. Think I was not eating enough on the updays as I didn't eat any carbs, which is hardly a normal day for me. I will come back to this though when I have lost more of my weight as I think the theory behind it is great and I have a metabolism that needs shocking, and a body that is very quick to work out that it is being put in starvation mode and rebels!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.