Starting Out

ZombieBex

Hi All
I did WW meetings a few years backs and at the time it put me off. Lost on my first week but the woman had a loud voice and everyone heard how much I weighed... oh well and the next week put on 1lb... and for all to hear she told me... put me off! And I never went back.

I am extreamly overweight 22 Stone 5.. and even thought i know i am big it never entered my mind i was THAT big.

Last year in September I decided that I would try and loose weight again and started doing slim fast... and it went really well until I got flu and just drinking shakes wasn’t a good thing. I stopped just before Christmas having lost 2Stone 1lb. Over Christmas I put on 3lb and to be honest I am not too unhappy considering!

I was a skinny child and at 12 i have pictures of me looking normal. I have no pictures of me in secondary school where i am not the biggest child in the class. And from there it has got worse. I have gone through some depression and problems (much too many to mention here and now) and found comfort in food. Im 27 and finially have my home and personal life in some kind of order but food is still a slippery slope for me.

So here I am, hoping to try this, my terms, in my time. Someone I work with gave me a point calculator and I know my daily point allowance from on here (31 :cry:) Iv already eaten a millions rice crispies this morning (skimmed milk though and only 2tsp of sugar an improvement) so tomorrow I will start and see how it goes!

I will beat this. I will NOT be fat forever. I want to be able to walk into a normal shop and buy cloths. I dont want teh shame of my trousers ripping at work and me having to hide in the toilet sewing them up!

I still dont feel 22 stone and i dont see 22 stone in the mirror. But i am it and i need to beat it, not with some fad diet or starvation.

So here i go....

Bex

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to minis you will get some great support on here. Lots of people go it alone and have done brillantly.

Good luck

M

Good luck!! I dont go to classes and find the support on here is amazing! I hope this is the year for you! :D Look forward to being a part of your journey! :D xx

Ty all so much!
I am determined not to be fat anymore i was over 24stone when i started and i just didnt realise i had gotton so BIG. i was wearing size 28/30 clothes.. The other day i was getting out of a car and my trousers caughed and ripped.. 1 went into sainsburies and the biggest trousers they has where asize 22 (!!!) in desperation i went into the changinf rooms.... and they fit! Deep Joy :D

Hi and welcome to minis! Its a really friendly place here :)

Welcome to Minimins and the WW gang ;)

i have planned out todays meals and im 6 points short! :( should i just eat anything to ensure i get to my points?

this is harder than i thought im GOOD at eating!!!

hahaha! dont worry, soon you'll be begging for more points! You can save upto four a day to carry over if you wish.. you dont HAVE to eat the extra two if you dont want as long as you are over your 16 minimum.. but you might wake up tomorrow feeling hungry (which i tend to do if i dont have all my points) which can easily lead into overeating!

glad to see you made a diary anyway! :) i will continue to haunt it if you dont mind as i am rather nosey :D x

i hope those things i sent you helped btw :) x

They more than helped they kicked started me into doing this... just found a rice pudding in the back of the cupboard thats 6 points... oh the joy!

Hi and welcome! im just ending my second week so still quite new, this place has saved me on a few occasions!! lol
You sound so motivated, my leader also has quite a big mouth!!! :eek:

Hi and welcome to minis. Minis is great for support and motivation! Good luck on your weightloss journey xxx

Good luck!! i dont attend WW mtgs but everyone on here is so helpfull and clued up, you can find out everything you need to know here, keep us updated with your progress...

Back