Starting Slimming World Tonight

Julie.g

Hi
I'm starting on slimming world tonight after my 6th time dieting, done Slimming world, Weight Watchers, and Calorie counting, decided on Slimming world again as i could do this plan long term.

I'm worried about a few things, all the veg on the plate, dont mind this for dinner, but of a day i'm not at home for lunches, so how would i get enough superfree food, i can get a plain jacket and salad and take my own topping, would salad be enough? does mushrooms, onions and peppers class as 1/3 of a plate? Also love sauces on my dinner? also love gravy and worried that i might go over my syns when making sauces and gravy.

also just bought myself the kinect and dance central 3 to help, so looking to add some friends who play DC 3?

Cant wait to get started tomorrow

Hi

I was also worried about the 1/3 superfree but it really is quite simple once you get in to the swing of things. For breakfast I generally have cereal/toast or yogurt and follow it by a banana and or melon. Then for lunch, that is what I struggled with most with being at work but yes Salad with a jacket potatoe would be suffice! Again I either have salad/fruit or microwave veg with my lunch, depending on what I'm having.

Yes mushrooms/onions/peppers also class towards your superfree and so does pickles, such as beetroot, picked onions, pickled gherkins etc. So if i'm having a sandwich for my lunch i generally bring some pickles to go with it.

Regards the sauces there are recipes for syn free gravy although I just have my usual Bisto gravy, made with plain water (no fat) and I just syn it - 100ml is 1.5 syns. I have my usual gravy because I like thick gravy and have it only once or twice a week so it's not as if it's a daily thing. Stock cubes are free but I find this too watery to have on dinners.

Hope this helps and good luck with it :) x

Hi

I was also worried about the 1/3 superfree but it really is quite simple once you get in to the swing of things. For breakfast I generally have cereal/toast or yogurt and follow it by a banana and or melon. Then for lunch, that is what I struggled with most with being at work but yes Salad with a jacket potatoe would be suffice! Again I either have salad/fruit or microwave veg with my lunch, depending on what I'm having.

Yes mushrooms/onions/peppers also class towards your superfree and so does pickles, such as beetroot, picked onions, pickled gherkins etc. So if i'm having a sandwich for my lunch i generally bring some pickles to go with it.

Regards the sauces there are recipes for syn free gravy although I just have my usual Bisto gravy, made with plain water (no fat) and I just syn it - 100ml is 1.5 syns. I have my usual gravy because I like thick gravy and have it only once or twice a week so it's not as if it's a daily thing. Stock cubes are free but I find this too watery to have on dinners.

Hope this helps and good luck with it :) x

Thanks for the quick reply.

Back