Starting South Beach tomorrow

chubbychops

Hi all

I am starting South Beach phase 1 tomorrow. I wondered if any one had done this recently and if so if you found it easy to stick too? How much did you lose.

I have done my shopping today. Wish me luck.

Mxxx

I re-started South Beach today! It's good to see someone else on The Beach, there's not many of us around! I've been doing it on and off for years and I really love it. It's a really good diet, very sensible.

Phase 1 is understandably the hardest phase, cutting out most carbs. The hardest thing about Phase 1, for me anyway, is you're really restricted with your diet and its really easy to get bored.
Average weight loss for Phase 1 (two weeks) is 8-12lbs. It's mostly water weight, but it is a very encouraging start!
Gimme a shout if you have any questions or you wanna chat about the diet!

Good luck!!!

~Silence~

Good luck!

I haven't done South Beach, "it looks like" an easy Atkins to me. Good luck.

Good luck Silence. I am loving my low carb evening meals. I am sure you will get on great with it. Join us on the weekly weigh in thread this Friday!

Sorry meant to say good luck to Silence and Chubbychops.

Good luck Silence. I am loving my low carb evening meals. I am sure you will get on great with it. Join us on the weekly weigh in thread this Friday!

I will do! Thanks.
I WI on a Friday anyway so that's great! :D

Ahh thanks all.

Silence, I am finding it easy so far. Had my lunch and mid-morning snack fine. I did my own breakfast of a few slices of ham as can't be doing with those quiche cups. I think it is quite a nice diet healthy and common sense. I have high cholesterol so need to be careful with sat fat and this seemed perfect for me.

Believe it or not I am going to a roller disco on Friday 28 Feb. I want to be at least 7lbs slimmer for that.

Would be great to discuss on line how we are doing, I think the support and motivation on here is great.

CCxxxxx

Ahh thanks all.

Silence, I am finding it easy so far. Had my lunch and mid-morning snack fine. I did my own breakfast of a few slices of ham as can't be doing with those quiche cups. I think it is quite a nice diet healthy and common sense. I have high cholesterol so need to be careful with sat fat and this seemed perfect for me.

Believe it or not I am going to a roller disco on Friday 28 Feb. I want to be at least 7lbs slimmer for that.

Would be great to discuss on line how we are doing, I think the support and motivation on here is great.

CCxxxxx

Glad to hear it's going well for you!
South Beach is great for improving blood chemistry like high cholestrol! But I'm sure you know that having read the book!

I usually whip up a veggie omlette for breakfast. I've never been bothered to make quiche cups either to be honest!

I like to be a little creative in the kitchen and this morning I made what I now call the English Brekkie Omlette... eggs, mushroom, onion and haricot beans... I would have chucked some LF bacon in there too but I didn't have any! It was yum though!

The roller disco sounds like fun!!!

~Silence~

I like to be a little creative in the kitchen and this morning I made what I now call the English Brekkie Omlette... eggs, mushroom, onion and haricot beans... I would have chucked some LF bacon in there too but I didn't have any! It was yum though!

Now that sounds yummy. Nice. :)

That does sound nice. I usually have breakfast at work and think I might got for egg and bacon tomorrow :) Fed up with ham !!

I might give you English brekkie omelete a whirl at the weekend, leaving out the haricot beans (seems an odd choice are they to replace baked beans/are they baked beans ?)

CCxxxx

They are green string beans CC, I love them.

That does sound nice. I usually have breakfast at work and think I might got for egg and bacon tomorrow :) Fed up with ham !!

I might give you English brekkie omelete a whirl at the weekend, leaving out the haricot beans (seems an odd choice are they to replace baked beans/are they baked beans ?)

CCxxxx

Yeah the haricot beans I used are baked beans without the tomato sauce. You can get white haricot beans (baked beans) and green haricot beans - what Jim said.
In addition I get confused because I live in France and "haricot" means bean!!!
I was reading on an SB forum that beans are a good way to get some fibre into phase one and to help control carb withdrawls in the first few days.

~Silence~

Hiya! I have just left CD and am looking for a new diet.. Whats South Beach??? Can you buy books?? Really wanna loose 5stone asap! Whats the weight loss each week like??? xx

Hiya! I have just left CD and am looking for a new diet.. Whats South Beach??? Can you buy books?? Really wanna loose 5stone asap! Whats the weight loss each week like??? xx

South beach is, in a nutshell, a good carb, good fat diet. You eat a lot of protein and veg, you limit your fat intake to healthy fats eg olive oil and you only eat "good" carbs (wholewheat) which are fairly restricted anyway. It works pretty much on the same priniciple as a GI diet to be fair.
It does have a book, in fact it also has a carb and fat guide and a number of recipe books.
Average weight loss after the first 2 weeks (where weight loss is 8-12lbs for the fortnight) is 1-2lbs per week, which is a bog standard loss. Though coming off CD you might not have as big a loss as a person starting from scratch would have - a lot of that loss is water weight and adjusting to a restricted carb intake.

Thats interesting Silence, thanks

Well, sgtarting day 4 today and all seems to be going well and I am a couple of pounds down. I have been drinking coffee with milk, do you think this will hinder the diet? Maybe I should switch to black coffee.

I felt really anxious not last night but the night before, anyone else get this during carb withdrawal?

I really must do some exercise !!!!

CCxx

Thats interesting Silence, thanks

Well, sgtarting day 4 today and all seems to be going well and I am a couple of pounds down. I have been drinking coffee with milk, do you think this will hinder the diet? Maybe I should switch to black coffee.

I felt really anxious not last night but the night before, anyone else get this during carb withdrawal?

I really must do some exercise !!!!

CCxx

It won't hurt to have coffee with milk I don't think. I'm having tea with milk. Have you switched to skimmed milk?

As far as I know carb withdrawl affects people in different ways. I get really lethargic, have headaches and am generally really grumpy and short tempered - it's not a pretty sight. Thank god it's over now!

Well done on the loss so far! Keep it up!

~Silence~

hi
How you getting on with SB? I restarted yesterday, and am feeling so much better already. My body HATES carbs, but I just cant resist them. Silence has given some great advice, I too love the brekkie omlette for breakfast, but I also love hard boiled egg, ham, lf cheese, tomatoes and cukes, and some avocado.
Another yum dish is brown lentils cooked in veg stock cube with some sauteed onions, and cook til soft. This is great as a filler, or a snack. Even a bit of grated lf cheese on it. I am now off to make some sf jelly snakes to get me by my sugar cravings.
Hope you are getting on well, and if you need any advice, please let me know.
xx

Back