STARTING SW AGAIN! need some motivation

Hi everyone, I started slimming world last sept and was 2lb away from my 5stone loss but in Feb this year I started to loose my motivation, was cheating not exercising and eventually not going to class. I literally ate everything in site, if it involved chocolates and it wasn't superglued down it went in my mouth to the point I was just eating it for the sake of eating and being so greedy! Hence I have put on 2tone and I'm now back to 15st11lbs. I'm hoping that being on here and writing about my ups and downs and seeing how you guys are doing will give me the motivation and inspiration to carry on. I wanted to be at my target for my 40th birthday which is 12 days away and would have easily done it if I had stuck to it but I didn't and it's too late to change that so onwards and upwards. I look foreword to meeting you all and hearing all your stories. :)#skinnyminis

Welcome Minimewannab :)

I have moved your thread to the SW forum as it will get more attention here.

Good luck with Slimming World and your weight loss journey.

Hello!

Good luck on your journey - I'm joining tonight so wish me luck! Going to need lots of support myself :) xx
Good luck tonight. You will fine. It's really easy once you get your head around it and there is this site and others on Fb so lots of people to help you. If you need any help, if I know I'll be glad to help. We can support each other. X x x

Good luck tonight. You will fine. It's really easy once you get your head around it and there is this site and others on Fb so lots of people to help you. If you need any help, if I know I'll be glad to help. We can support each other. X x x

Thank you hun! I did it, joined last night and the group seem lovely! Got my app all sorted on my phone and currently looking through recipes lol!! xx

Thank you hun! I did it, joined last night and the group seem lovely! Got my app all sorted on my phone and currently looking through recipes lol!! xx
Well done. You will be fine. I love roasted butternut squash, chicken tikka pieces are yummy you mix fat free yoghurt tikka spice and squeeze of lime and add chicken to marinade and put it on skewers with different veg or in weight watchers low fibre pitta as your healthy b. The chilli is lovely. I'm not to keen on the ready meals though but they are ok. If I come across things I'll let you know if you want. X x

Well done. You will be fine. I love roasted butternut squash, chicken tikka pieces are yummy you mix fat free yoghurt tikka spice and squeeze of lime and add chicken to marinade and put it on skewers with different veg or in weight watchers low fibre pitta as your healthy b. The chilli is lovely. I'm not to keen on the ready meals though but they are ok. If I come across things I'll let you know if you want. X x

That sounds nice! I may very well have to do that! I love chicken - I normally use the 'so juicy' paper sachets with new potato and salad. Oh yes please that would be lovely :) xx

If you're tired of starting OVER, then STOP GIVING up. That's the only motivation I needed to completely get to my target goal. It was hard but a lot easier when I looked in the mirror while eating, which helps you realize why you started your journey in the first place. Watch exercise videos on YouTube, I do this when I need new workouts to try, which gives me MORE motivation. Hope this helps.
Thank you I will try the changing my exercise. Well done getting to goal. I know I'll get there my prob is chocolate if I have one but that's it's the whole packet has gone but I'm feeling positive at mo so fingers crossed. X x x

Don't beat yourself up. We have all been here. I'm back after doing pretty much same as you. It's frustrating but I'm seeing it as a 'new' start.

Whilst I may have had a few 'new' starts along my weight loss journey, so what?

Best advice :- begin where you are now. Not where you was otherwise it's just depressing. I keep tell myself I'm still 3 stones less than I was. Yes, I was 5 stone lighter but I just ignore that and this is where I'm at right now.

Hope that helps and good luck :)

Hi there, how are things going? I didn't manage your (amazing!!) 5 stone loss but got as far as 2 and a half stone loss and have gained almost it all back!! I just got back from holiday on Monday and am back following slimming world. I can't go to class as my husband works evenings and we have two kids but I have all the documentation and Minimins here to help.

Good luck with your journey. You know it works and if we keep going and don't give up, eventually we will get to goal! xx

Hi my lovely.

I'm in the same boat as you. Disappointed with myself and nothing fits.

We can do it though. Out of the boat and back on the wagon! X

Best advice :- begin where you are now.
Great advice! Only been on SW for a couple of months & have been perfectly on plan. Have 3 holidays over next 5 weeks & I don't want to ruin momentum but will not be counting syns while on holidays. But no bother. I will just remember this advice come 15 August when I'm starting full fledged again after my break. Thanks @frccle :)

Back