Starting SW tomorrow tips and advice appreciated

winters_daughter

Hi. Went to my first meeting tonight. Going to start tomorrow. Does anyone have any tips and advice as it would be appreciated.

My biggest tip would be don't guess at anything always check it out. If it needs to be weighed then weigh it. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you have had enough. Lots of home cooking and avoid too many processed foods. Come on here and ask whenever you are stuck and also to let us know your successes Good luck x

Plan, Plan and plan....lots of HM meals that you can prepare in advance, Aldi's super 6 veg and use your freezer well

xx

use your weighing scales.. and make good use of the slimming world lifeline online it had loads of great recipes :)
good luck xxx

Hi - my main tip is to not think of this Healthy Eating plan as any quick solution to weight loss. The weight will come off gradually and healthily, while you learn lots of delicious new, healthy eating habits. Some people experience a large loss in the first week, but if you're moving from diet to diet, you may not experience this as your body has already done that bit so to speak.

The more superfree food you have on your plate the better for weight loss. You can have carbs (past rice and potatoes) and protein (meat fish eggs etc), but these should never be more than 2/3 of your meal. There are lots of great recipes on here - plus the what's for tea / dinner / breakfast threads which are great for general 'what shall I have' ideas. I use those threads a lot when planning my shopping.

Oh yes - and PLANNING. It seems to be absolutely key to SW. Plan ahead so you've got food in to combat your weak spots of the week, whether that be late night take-aways, limited time for cooking on certain days, or whatever.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

Hi there my top tips are to plan your meals i tend to do this in the evening when the snacks in the cupboard start to call me, also i come on here for support and to give support, also the sw website games are a great distraction when peckish, and lastly dont forget your syns they are there to use so you dont feel deprived mine go on funsize chocci bars.x Good luck.:)

Back