Starting SW with my husband this week

Seraphine

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been hanging out on Minimins over on the Atkins board, but my husband and I will be starting SW this week and wanted to get familiar with the forum.

He's a huge fruit lover, so joining me on the low-carb end of things would be really hard for him. So I'm jumping ship (despite doing well) from LC to join him with this plan.

We'll do our big grocery shop tomorrow. There are classes starting next week - we haven't decided if we will do the classes, but I think that even going for a month would be a huge push to do things right. There's a lot to be said about getting weighed in front of people that keeps you accountable!

I'll be trawling through all the threads to get up to speed. I'm sure we'll have lots of questions for you all!

All our best
Seraphine and Husband (who hasn't picked a screen name yet)

It is a good idea to go to a SW class, at least for a few weeks, to get all the books and a good idea of how it all works. And a well run class with a good consultant is great fun!

good luck chick (& hubby too) xx

Hi there and welcome. SW is definately the easier plan to follow for you both as we all know men eat more and with SW they can eat till full. My brother is also doing SW and has now lost just under a stone in 4 weeks. We are all here to help so any questions just ask.

Well done to both of you for doing this. I'm sure once you get into the swing of things, you'll love SW. I've been doing it 6 weeks in total (5 WI's) and I am still amazed at how much I can eat. I don't think I'll ever get over the amount I can eat, but it definitely works for me.

I find class invaluable. Not just for the WI in front of everyone, but also for the support, and making new friends, and feeling comfortable with people instead of hiding under baggy clothes when I'm out.

That said, a lot of people do it on their own, without class and do really well. It's about what you feel right doing.

Thanks for the lovely welcome, everyone!

I'm still a bit confused by it all... I stand in front of the fridge and think, what can I eat??? I'll get there - I need to make up some meal plans, and it will fit into place.

Wish us luck!

Thanks for the lovely welcome, everyone!

I'm still a bit confused by it all... I stand in front of the fridge and think, what can I eat??? I'll get there - I need to make up some meal plans, and it will fit into place.

Wish us luck!

It took me a few days to get my head around it, but I found that writing a food diary for the week helped and I've also got a folder where I have printed out quick, simple recipes for both red and green days, so I'm never stuck when I'm planning my meals for the week ahead.

Good luck to you and your husband.

Caz :) xxx

good luck to you both and welcome to minis. Lots of recipe ideas and support to be had here. enjoy! xxxxxxxx

have a look in the recipe section, there's some really yummy ideas in there to get you started:) Also take a peek at people food diaries for some inspiration.

Good luck to you both. I hope you can adjust to the plan easily and continue with your weight loss. Great that you can support each other with this x

Back