Starting to panic!!

Will it work tho? I'm sick.of wasting money on trying to get thin.

I feel really desparate this time. Can't stop thinking of just stuffing my face with food bit really don't want to fall off the wagon .

How do you even get a food addiction? I always try to find the root of my.eating habbits but haven't came accross any reason as of yet

If you do it properly it should work. It's not a gimmick or anything.. it's a cognitive behavioural therapy programme and CBT has been proven to be very successful in a lot of clinical trials in changing behaviours around food and weight loss for the better. So it's not a quick fix, it's not promising a magic solution (which I like); instead it's saying if you honestly put a little bit of effort in and work the programme it can help you develop life lasting healthier behaviours around food.

As for why you become an addict? Some people say it's a genetic tendency, other's argue it's learnt behaviour from adults around us as kids, others say it's a bit of both. What can change from generation to generation, person to person and even different periods of your life is the drug of choice (I've had a drug addiction in the past albeit a socially acceptable one).

This is a good explanation Addiction: An Information Guide - What causes addiction?-CAMH

Can anyone recommend whether the workbook or the book or both is the best way to approach the method?

The author says it can be "helpful" to have read the book but that you don't need to have to have read it do the workbook as she says the important stuff again in the workbook.

I just dove straight into the workbook and it's going fine.

Goreygirl said:
The author says it can be "helpful" to have read the book but that you don't need to have to have read it do the workbook as she says the important stuff again in the workbook.

I just dove straight into the workbook and it's going fine.

Thanks GG. I might look on Amazon later.....

Goreygirl said:
If you do it properly it should work. It's not a gimmick or anything.. it's a cognitive behavioural therapy programme and CBT has been proven to be very successful in a lot of clinical trials in changing behaviours around food and weight loss for the better. So it's not a quick fix, it's not promising a magic solution (which I like); instead it's saying if you honestly put a little bit of effort in and work the programme it can help you develop life lasting healthier behaviours around food.

As for why you become an addict? Some people say it's a genetic tendency, other's argue it's learnt behaviour from adults around us as kids, others say it's a bit of both. What can change from generation to generation, person to person and even different periods of your life is the drug of choice (I've had a drug addiction in the past albeit a socially acceptable one).

This is a good explanation Addiction: An Information Guide - What causes addiction?-CAMH

Thanks for that. Ill look into getting that book

I've ordered it. 3-5 working days and it will be here. Fingers crossed it helps

Amazon's sales of that book must be going through the roof. :D :D

Loads of us have bought it in the last few weeks!

Iv just brought it lol

And I'm browsing now...hovering over the 'buy' button!

xKimmiex said:
Thinking about doin that, still have to pay off holiday and spending money :( just worrying too much :(

New York!!! Put your money aside, take some basic bits and pieces and then buy clothes when you are there - your money goes much further and it'll be really warm!

Back