starting today finally plucked up courage! Advice please

Dalaney

Hi I have posted before last week but have only just plucked up the courage to start today I ave beenpretty good all week hoping that will mean I dont have a lot of fat in me to warrant a reaction with the tablets. so scared I will ave one of the so called "accidents" I know this is a bit gruesome but do people use pads ? just in case? Also after reading loads of threads on here it seems if you miss a tablet its ok to be bad and pig out I thought the whole point was the tablet kept you on the straight and narrow and it was the fear of consequences that kept you off the bad stuff is it really just that easy you miss a tablet and can eat what you want? Finally can you eat eggs on it ? and sticking to the 5g per 100g rule i think that means i can eat the part baked baguetts the long ones as they are only 1.5g per baguette with 1g per 100g am i right? sorry so many questions i guess i am jst really nervous abut starting since my friend scared me to death with all her horror stories when she did this 5 years ago . this is a great site though and I am looking forward to all the support thanks guys x x

Hi there, afraid I can't answer any of your questions as I am starting tomorrow.

Although your friend obviously didn't stick to the rules when she did it. Reading through this site, if you stick to the rules you won't have any poo issues.

Hope it works well for you, I will be joining you tomorrow officially

Charlie xx

Hi I have posted before last week but have only just plucked up the courage to start today I ave beenpretty good all week hoping that will mean I dont have a lot of fat in me to warrant a reaction with the tablets. so scared I will ave one of the so called "accidents" I know this is a bit gruesome but do people use pads ? just in case? Also after reading loads of threads on here it seems if you miss a tablet its ok to be bad and pig out I thought the whole point was the tablet kept you on the straight and narrow and it was the fear of consequences that kept you off the bad stuff is it really just that easy you miss a tablet and can eat what you want? Finally can you eat eggs on it ? and sticking to the 5g per 100g rule i think that means i can eat the part baked baguetts the long ones as they are only 1.5g per baguette with 1g per 100g am i right? sorry so many questions i guess i am jst really nervous abut starting since my friend scared me to death with all her horror stories when she did this 5 years ago . this is a great site though and I am looking forward to all the support thanks guys x x

Hi Delaney - I remember your post, your friend really has scared you, hasn't she! Thats such a shame because I have found this tablet to be really helpful.

Can I try and put your mind? I hope so because I have been using Xenical now for nearly 5 weeks. I started straight away (only eating well for 2 days prior to taking it) and I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS. None... not one. I started the tablet on a Wednesday - the Saturday previously I had a HUGE Indian meal... and the Sunday I had a HUGE Chinese takeaway (my so long farewell to my bad eating ways... my own last suppers so to speak.

And I promise you, I have never had a side effect.

Not one. I stick to the rules regarding fat content for every meal and I make sure that my calorie content isn't to high.

I don't skip any pills. If I'm going out for a meal I make sure whatever I'm eating is low fat. And I don't plan to skip any pills either - I need to make sure that my meals are balanced, I need to learn to eat well because I won't be taking Xenical for the rest of my life so I can't cheat... The only person I would be cheating would be myself.

I don't wear pads because I don't expect to have accidents. So I'm sticking to low fat!

Its a shame that Xenical has such a bad reputation and its left you so worried. I'm not going to lie to you, I was a fearful of taking it myself. Once I realised that I was in control by the food choices I made, it made me less fearful.

Oh and I don't really eat eggs but I have read that eggs are quite high in fat content - I think people use 1 egg and 1 egg white in omelettes or things like that.

Another thing to watch out for, each person is different when it comes to fish... fish is quite high in good fats however Xenical can't tell the difference between good fats and bad fats. Again its not something that I have direct experience on but its from what I have picked up on in this forum.

If hope you are finding Xenical OK and you are finding it less scary as the days go on. Keep us posted on your progress! xx

HI Jenjen

Thanks so much for that I feel a lot better I have now taken two tablets but eating a very low fat diet so hopefully all will be well. It is such a relief to be on them finally and I am hoping for some good results like a lot of people this is a last resort for me I have tried everything. I am off to Africa next year which is a dream trip for me something I have wanted to do for years so that is my motivation I am so fed up getting exhausted just walking a few yards I have a little dog who doesnt get half as much exercise as she should so looking forward to getting out more with her as well. Oh oonbe more thing Do you or anyone else know how I can get one of them weight tracker things that everyone seems to have at the end of their signature bit ?

Africa - that sounds like an amazing experience to look forward too... and something to aim for - what a goal!

Definitely exercise - walking is such a good way to loose weight, and your dog will appreciate it too!

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Thats the link for the tickerfactory...

I think you need to go to User CP which is 2 up from the Forum Jump part... click on your signature and add your ticker.

I think you need to get to a certain amount of posts to get a bit more space in your signature... And once you get to 50 posts you will be able to get to add things to your profile etc.

Any trackers or things you see on people's signatures, you could probably copy a similar style by just clicking on it, thats what I do!lol

xxx

You need to copy the code for the forum and then you need to paste that into your signature on here x

must do it too.

Will wait until I have an official weight tomorrow and then work the ticker thing out

The ticker is a good way to shout about your achievements,keep on track and look forward towards your goal in my opinion.

I get a good buzz on Monday morning when its time to update :D x

hi Dalaney
ive just finished my 1st week and no nasty accidents here so far :) im finding it a lot easier than i thought, but i must stock the freezer with ready meals so i have a quick meal for those i cant be bothered to cook or count moments :) I am going to join SW on wed to give me an extra boost
oh and the ticker thing is really easy if i can do it i am sure you can :D

Hi Fiona , I think I have worked the ticker thing out. Let me know how you get on with slimming world I used to be a SW consultant and I have to say its the only diet I have ever really had any sucess with. I am feling better ow I have actually started taking the tablets I think I was just nervous about starting but likemost things the reality is never as bad as you think. So now it is th begining of a long journey but I am actually looking forwardto it and this site is great so many other people in the same boat so lots of support. keep in touch x

Well, day one is out the way for you now Delaney and you are on to day 2. How are you feeling?

I have officially started today and am really positive about weight loss. So heres to weeks and months of healthy eating to get the weight off and years of maintaining our weight loss.

Charlie xx

Hi Delaney and welcome.

I was going to post about your ticker but i see you've sorted it. I did mine about 3 times and kept losing it! I think its coz i was forgetting to click on 'save changes' D'oh.

Let us know how you are getting on. x

Welcome Dalaney! I'm pretty new to Xenical too, I've just started my fourth week today. I was really nervous at first too, but once you get into the habit of taking the pill with every meal, and keeping the fat under 5g per 100g, you realise there's nothing to worry about! :)

I've cheated a couple of times and had food too high in fat, and I have had the side effects. I've realised now it's just not worth it, and I'm only cheating myself, so today I'm feeling a lot more positive about better losses in the weeks to come.

Good luck with your weight loss journey, keep us all updated on how you're getting on. There's always someone here to listen :) x

Hi All second day and going great guns no side effects yet but that is because I am being soooo good at the moment i dont suppose that will last for ever. so watch this space really appreciate all your support it is making this so much easier and I have a long long way to go and that doesn't feel so daunting knowing i have all you lot behind me. I just hope I can help people along the way as well, I do have a few questios still I will post another thread i think but does anyone know if you are a little bad in between meals does the tablet still work ? or does it only work when you take it at the meal times? are you not suppose to eat anything in between at all?

of course you can eat between meals, but try to make the snacks as healthy as possible. as far as i'm aware, the tablets only break down the fat for what you've eaten with the pill. that's why if you forget to take it with your meal, you only have up to an hour afterwards to take it, otherwise it won't work.

i snack on fruit during the day, or i make up a big bowl of fruit salad and have a small bowl of it with some natural yoghurt, and the big bowl lasts for a few days in the fridge, so there's always something healthy there if i fancy a snack. try some low fat yoghurts like muller lights, or make up some jelly or angel delight as they're low in fat too :) x

I too am new to Xenical, 4 days in and so far no side effects ...well no really nasty ones anyhow. I am really interested in how much weight people have lost taking this compared to those just doing a low fat/low cal diet???

Hi skyegirl, welcome to the forum! I've only been taking xenical for 3 and a half weeks, and I've lost 5lbs so far. This isn't as much as I could have lost, but I've been a bit naughty and cheated a few times with the odd meal with too much fat in them. It's all trial and error, so I've been trying foods to see how the pills react to them, so I think this is why I haven't lost as much as some other people have.

As for the other people on the forum, if you look at their statistics on the left hand column, or some people even have statistics in their signatures, you can see there how much they've lost. The girl who wrote the sticky at the top of the Xenical forum, PiiNk, has lost 6st since February, and another member, jenjen, has lost 2 stones in 5 weeks.

It all depends on your body and how much you have to lose. People who have a lot to lose tend to see big weight losses straight away, whereas people who only have a stone or so to lose often find it takes longer to shift it. It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your target, the most important thing is doing it in a safe and healthy way.

I second what emma says!!

Also the amount of exersice you do has an effect on your weight loss ie going to the gym etc.
I know that pink has lost a lot of weight as she goes to the gym etc almost everyday!! Shes also super good with her food!! Shes doing fantastic! If only I could make my self go to the gym lol

How are you getting om skyegirl?

xxx

PiiNK is doing amazingly well! I so wish I could have the high losses she's had! I don't go to the gym at the minute as I haven't got the money for membership fees, but I'm planning to join the University's gym when I go back in a few weeks, so I'll hopefully see an improvement in my weight losses then.

At the minute I'm just exercising at home with the Wii Fit and EA Sports Active's 30 Day Challenge. They're fantastic, and I'd definitely reccommend giving it a go if you have the Wii already! It really gets me puffing and panting and sweating buckets, so it's definitely helping, and there's a big variety of activites and exercises so you won't get bored with it :) x

Back