Starting today need a little advise please

jessthecat

hi everone,im starting the cambridge diet today and have been told to have 3 shakes and a meal containing just chicken and veg today for the first 3 days then drop the meal and just have 3 shakes is that what everyone else did?? starting stories would be much appricated! thanks x x

Hi Jessthecat,
I have a lot to lose and am 5ft 7.5inch so my CDC told me to have 4 shakes a day.
It’s my first weigh in today.:eek:
I have 1@8am 1@12 noon 1@4pm and 1@8pm
Not hungry at all, even over the first 3 days.
I don’t think this is usual though. xx

Hi, today is day 1 for me also! I'm just diving in and doing SS as my councillor didn't mention having a meal to ease me in.

Good luck getting through the first few days. x

hi everone,im starting the cambridge diet today and have been told to have 3 shakes and a meal containing just chicken and veg today for the first 3 days then drop the meal and just have 3 shakes is that what everyone else did?? starting stories would be much appricated! thanks x x

CDCs will have different ways of helping their clients. Some will prefer them to go down into SS bit by bit. Some will suggest they just jump in, and others will go for advising low carb for a few days before SSing.

All the very best with Cambridge :)

:)Hi Jessthecat & Woxywoo
I started on CD 10 weeks ago and began by having 2 shakes a day plus a meal no more than 800 calories. The weight came off gradually which I was really happy with but then I hit a wall. I decided I would go onto SS a couple of weeks ago and the weight has started to come off again. We're all different, so I guess you'll have to find what suits you best.
Good luck to you both on your amazing journey. I hope you're as pleased as I am with CD results having just hit the stone and a half - another stone and a half to go!
Keep going and use the forums, they're great. xx

Hi, I am on week 2 and started straight on ss - 3 shakes a day no meal. Good luck Zoe x

Good luck Jess! :)

Hi, I started two weeks ago, three shakes a day from the start. Once I got over the hungry days (day 3-4 I think) it has been better. Good luck on your weightloss journey!

Hi - I am on Day 3 after doing SS+ last year and losing 3 stone. I think you need to do what is best for you and what keeps you on the diet. I started on SS but moved onto SS+ which suited me better and still gave me a good weigh loss.

Good luck - you will get lots of fab support here - its amazing how much knowledge and info is here to keep you going.

Hi Jess, Good luck and well done for taking the plunge. I have started only a week (feels like a year). I had one day having light meal then started. I don't think it matters really, it's hard anyway whatever you do. But here is brilliant and my advice to you is to be on here talking to people and seeing the amazing weight losses that everyone has. x

Back