Starting WW Thurs - over 8 stones to lose!

Annie2012

Hello everyone,

I am starting WW on Thursday and I would love get to know others in a similar journey. I have loads to lose, feeling a little worried about the length of time it would take me to lose the weight but I decided to do WW because it will also help my 2 kids to eat more healthily and it would be a more sociable and family friendly diet than a VLCD, which I did very successfully in the past. I lost 10 stones and 10 pounds in August 2007, so I know that I can do it. It is the maintaining part that worries me the most as I didn't think I'd get to this point of being so overweight again... :cry: At least, with WW, I wouldn't need to learn how to 'eat again' after the weight loss, so that's a plus point of this diet! :)

Anyhow, just wanted to say 'hi' and that I look forward to meeting some new WW's members and dieters alike!

A x :D

Hi Annie

Good luck on your journey :) I myself am considering starting ww as I'm on day 2 of second attempt of exante and it's just not suiting me- the emotional highs and lows - and that's just on day 2 lol. I have 5-6 stone to lose xx

Thanks DiamondDoll. Good luck on your diet programme too ... it does take about 6 days when you reach ketosis and then you should not feel the hunger anymore.... there are a lot of plusses to being on a VLCD - it is quick, you feel so much healthier quicker, you are more motivated to carry as you see the results so quickly, it takes the pressure of weighing foods and thinking about what to buy in a big shop - I mean it allows you to take a break from making decisions... the only thing that I would say is that you do need the counselling that comes with LL (not sure if Exante has this included?) to help change your though processes around food and your relationship with food and why you got where you are - this is an important part and also doing the Management (again, I don't if Exante have a specific management programme). In ketosis, you actually feel remarkably well all the time! :D Why not give it a chance now that you have started it... I found it hard abstaining for over 9 months... I fantasised about food all the time and drooled over cooking shows and recipes! It was hard going but possible - it all depends on your mind set. If you are sticking to it, I would advise you based on personal experience to not stop for any special occasions, etc as you would have to repeat the whole process of going back into ketosis , etc . Just my thoughts anyway. Hope they help you.

Thanks goingtothechapel! I am getting myself all ready for a challenge. I like a challenge and I am determined to stick to WW and follow it to a tee. It's all or nothing with me... I will also be having Filling & Fast or is it Fast & Filling days for the days that I am too busy to point up / measure. (I have a lot of hospital trips to do 5 days a week with my son)...

Good luck all! :D

hi Annie2012

i too am starting Thursday! well going to my first meeting on Thursday at 5:45 so first official day will be Friday! this is my LAST diet!!! i've promised to myself to shift the weight for good :D

would love to catch up to see how we are both getting on and get some recipe ideas etc from each other.

xxx

hi Annie2012

i too am starting Thursday! well going to my first meeting on Thursday at 5:45 so first official day will be Friday! this is my LAST diet!!! i've promised to myself to shift the weight for good :D

would love to catch up to see how we are both getting on and get some recipe ideas etc from each other.

xxx

Hi ya Emmaedes, Nice to hear from you!:) I start tomorrow and I am all prepared with ready meals, etc, so that I don't get too hungry and cave in! Lol! My meeting is at 9:45 a.m. - are you doing WW's?

Yes, I too have told myself that this is the last time I will be doing this. I will be going to WW forever once I get to Goal - I really think that is the only way to maintain... keep with the meetings and stay on track. Yes, it would lovely to keep in touch with you and exchange ideas/recipes, etc... I wish I had just over 2 stones to lose and not over 8 stones! ;)

A xx

Hi everyone, i weigh every Thursday and I have currently lost 38lb although still need to lose another 5/6st to get to goal. It seems so far away and I'm starting to lose focus a bit as I don't feel much smaller yet :-( hope you can all give me a kick up the butt!

Hi everyone, i weigh every Thursday and I have currently lost 38lb although still need to lose another 5/6st to get to goal. It seems so far away and I'm starting to lose focus a bit as I don't feel much smaller yet :-( hope you can all give me a kick up the butt!

Hi there! Well done on your weight loss - don't lose focus... it'll be so worth it in the end! All the best and keep us informed how u get on! xx :)

P.S. I'd be so pleased if I lost 38 pounds! Lol! x

Hiya. I'm starting on Thursday too:). I have done WW before a few years back and really want to get stuck in and lose a good 4st. I love food and find it really difficult to stay motivated. Hope u enjoy and maybe help each other long the way. All the best x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya. I'm starting on Thursday too:). I have done WW before a few years back and really want to get stuck in and lose a good 4st. I love food and find it really difficult to stay motivated. Hope u enjoy and maybe help each other long the way. All the best x

Hi there! Good luck when you start this Thursday...I have my first weigh in this Thursday and I should be fine....It is Day 4 and it is going ok for me....Just wondering how I'll ever manage when the points go down when I start to lose weight...I too love food but I need motivation such as a group, challenge etc to keep going. Yes, do keep in touch and we can help each other on our journey of weight loss! x

Hi Annie. How u getting on?? What have u been eating so far then?? I'm still getting my head round it.... Writing down, well scribblings of a mad woman my OH mentioned lol. I've been staying within my points but feel a bit Shan on my mate coz she only has 26pp and have have 41 :s. she's saying how she's hungry and I'm struggling to use them all.
Anyway good luck xx

Hi Annie. How u getting on?? What have u been eating so far then?? I'm still getting my head round it.... Writing down, well scribblings of a mad woman my OH mentioned lol. I've been staying within my points but feel a bit Shan on my mate coz she only has 26pp and have have 41 :s. she's saying how she's hungry and I'm struggling to use them all.
Anyway good luck xx

Hey Spencey,

Nice to hear from you again! I have been eating a lot of stir fry noodles, friend rice ..basically anything I can bulk up with lots of veg to keep me satisfied and full! I also have WW's sausages, bacon, that sort of thing and lots and lots of mushrooms - all types of mushrooms! Yummy! Added lots of fruit to my diet too. I know what you mean about the points...I have 36 and I too can struggle to use them if I am too busy to eat much earlier on the day or if I am worried if I eat them up too early in the day, I'll go hungry later on... So, I have tried to 'plan' more meals in my Journal so that I know that I am eating all my points and have enough for each meal... otherwise, I end up having to have biscuits or a Time Out to use my points and to be honest, I haven't craved any sweet things since I have started on WW's which is probably because I am eating so much more healthily now..

How about you? Have you had your first weigh in yet? What foods are you eating? I carry my Journal around the house ..All the best and talk soon. lol! x

Back