Step away from the scales challenge!

shrinki

Gold Member
It seems a lot of us are ruled by our scales. Some (me included) stepping on 2-5 times a day! I really want to break the habit and just weigh in once a week so will post each day to let you know truthfully how I got on. Anyone want to join me? :scale::8855:

I will! I weigh at home and have got into the habit of weighing myself everyday......then yesterday I read your thread and it inspired me to put them away in the wardrobe. :D

I obviously can't get rid of them, however they are definitely out of the way.

I am sooooooooooooo in this challenge! Great idea! xxx
Yesterday was Day 1, followed the plan 100% and today is going well too. I darent not follow it as I cant have a sneaky check to see how Im doing, its great! And I dont feel any emotion regarding my weight today as I dont know what it is! All I know is that I ate healthily yesterday, Ive exercised AND eaten healthily so far today and Life Is Good! xxxx

When is everyone's weigh in day? My online day is Monday and I was going to change to Friday so had a short week last week but can't change my weigh in day online so will stick to Monday so I have five days to go before I can weigh in:break_diet::sigh::p

When is everyone's weigh in day? My online day is Monday and I was going to change to Friday so had a short week last week but can't change my weigh in day online so will stick to Monday so I have five days to go before I can weigh in:break_diet::sigh::p

I weigh on a Tuesday, so will stick with that and those scales are staying in the wardrobe until then!

My weigh day is Tues - so I've had 2 scale free days so far. No way of weighing til group next week - eek! Still feeling liberated lol. Good luck everyone, we can do it xxxxx

Day one - scale free 6.19am! Ok so it's early but I did walk past the scales this morning which I haven't done for weeks! Determined to stay scale free. Will check in again later. Stay strong LOL!! X

I used to weigh myself every morning. When I stopped doing it I felt sick with worry that I didn't know what I weighed. I now only weigh once a week at group and my scales haven't been stepped on in 6 weeks. It's a hard habit to break.

day one of no weighing done!

My weigh day is saturday. Just changed it this week though from a monday, so got a short week this week.
Are you a member of a group or online? I am also a Monday weigher - tried to change it to Friday last week but you can't change your weigh in day online so have decided to just go back to Mondays again as that is when notifications etc. come thru from SW.

2.14pm. I have been so tempted but have managed to resist... I guess the first few days are the hardest LOL. Have moved them to under the sink so I don't keep looking at them every time I go in the bathroom!

Scale free today :D

Well done Shrinki! If my scales were here I'd have stepped on them and probably seen a bit of a loss as I've really stuck to it the last few days. Then I'd allow myself to veer off plan as it's the weekend. But this time I'm putting a lovely curry together in the slow cooker and allowing myself one large glass of red later. Really want to see a great loss Tuesday at class xx

i had itchy feet this morning but I resisted, quite strange not knowing, but I'll get over it!!

Keep up the good work ladies ;-)

I am in a funny mindset as the scales were showing a 3 YES THREE!! Pound gain when I last checked three days ago. Obviously this is pretty demotivating when I had been sticking to plan (the week before i had too much wine over the week but still lost 1.5 pounds so maybe that has caught up with me... I am expecting a gain on Monday but certainly hope it is not still three pounds!

Hi my name is thinspired and i am a scale'aholic'. :wave_cry:

I hope to be able to join you some time soon, right now i am weak, i will cheat :sigh:, one step at a time.
I take my hat off to you ladies..... bloody bravo!!!!

Back