Step away from the scales challenge!

I have to post that I was just so tempted to have a quick peek.. I thought 'how would any of my challenge buddies know!' etc. Real addictive reasoning was going on.. I am happy to honestly report that since the start of this challenge I have not weighed myself once and it's because I know we are all doing it and sticking to it that keeps me going. Pathetic I know but habits take a long time to break! X

PS I have also realised how silly it was to want to change my WI day from Monday to Friday. So if I lose weight and then gain some back over the weekend then it's the same as weighing in on Friday and then gaining weight over the weekend (booze related - food is almost always on track) and then lose it again before Friday! The difference is I am not monitoring and obsessing about my weight daily. I am starting to really feel the benefit of stepping away and just being on track and facing the consequences of my week just one time on q Monday morning and then moving on in the best way I can to the next seven days :)

.....they're still in the wardrobe :D

Morning guys, I decided to officially weigh in today as need to get this gain over with and move on to next week and try to shift it... So now have eight days scale free coming up. Am gutted about the gain and hope to shift it all this week. I will be strong and not weigh in before weigh in day or I could completely go off the rails as really did not deserve to gain this much :-(. Have a good day xx. And stay scale free xx

Hi my name is thinspired and i am a scale'aholic'. :wave_cry:

I hope to be able to join you some time soon, right now i am weak, i will cheat :sigh:, one step at a time.
I take my hat off to you ladies..... bloody bravo!!!!
Hey! You should join the challenge and just post - we won't shout at you if you cheat! One step at a time....

How did everyone do over the weekend? I hope you had a good one.

Day 1/7 walked past the scale this morning. I need to get back to 100% this week to blast off the gain and get back heading the right direction. Have a good week :)

Hi everyone! Really well done on you all for keeping the scales in the wardrobe etc, I couldnt do it - when I hid my scales, I just got them out again. Even kept them in the car and was known to go out in my dressing gown in the morning to get them lol! If anyone has had a sneaky peak, dont worry, remember you are amongst friends!!

My scales are in another town ha ha so Ive been scale-free all week so my food decisions and emotions have had NOTHING to do with what I weigh at that particular hour - I must have been letting the numbers absolutely rule my life for me to feel as absolutely liberated and free as I do!!

Weigh in for me is tomorrow and I have not the foggiest clue if Ive gained, STS or lost. All I can say is that Ive had 5 perfect days and 2 not so perfect but nowhere near as off track as normal. Eg Fri night I did have a couple of large glasses of wine and some chocolate which took me over 15 syns but lately, that would have included a takeaway too whereas this Friday I had egg, syn-free chips and beans! Saturday I was at Wetherspoons and I had the 5-bean chilli for 4.5 syns. Im positive if Id looked at my weight I would have either relaxed and had a burger or something if Id shown a good loss, or thought "sod it" if Id shown a gain.

Regardless of the numbers tomorrow morning, I know the following:-
1. Ive had my first scale-free week for about 4 years!
2. Ive stuck to the plan more than I have for weeks.
3. Ive exercised 5 or 6 times.
4. I have not had any numbers floating around in my head to influence my mood or my eating.

So - its all good. If I put on or sts tomorrow then I know its those couple of days slightly off plan and I will rectify this for next weigh in. If Ive lost then I will be pleased! Either way, Im more happy about breaking my addiction than any other thing!

Hope to hear from you all with how your weeks are going :)

xxxx

Hi Veggiegirl
I was so happy to read your post. I want to write the same one next week and be freed from the dreaded daily weigh in! I managed a few days last week so it bodes well.
Please come back and tell us how you got on this week. I had a bad week so am putting every effort in this week and will definitely stay off the scales.
Xxx

Hey! You should join the challenge and just post - we won't shout at you if you cheat! One step at a time....

I have to convince myself
I know if i honenstly reason with myself i will of course know its better to rid myself of the habitual weighing!
it is out of control my usual routine goes something like this on a daily basis!:eek:

wake up go to the bathroom get on scales.. (tell myself after my morning pee that will come down)
get off the toilet & get back on the scales, (feel good factor they have indeed gone down)
The usual wash ritual followed by a last jump on the scales to get a best out of 3 weight reading!

Midday
Back to the bathroom for morning relief after breakfast ( im so sorry ladies!)
quick check on the scales to see if that has an impact... this can go both ways either a gain or a loss depending on my breakfast!
if its a gain then im disappointed i havent kept my weight loss from the best out of 3 reading first thing in the morning!

afternoon through to bedtime the horrible routine continues each time i visit the bathroom.

I dont go to the bathroom to just 'weigh' its just part of the bathroom visit.:cool:

Thinspired - I honestly could have written that a week ago. I used to also (shhhh) weigh myself if I got up for a pee in the night!!! Thing i have finally realised - spurred on by veggiegirl - that it means nothing and just takes over your week! I am determined not to get on those scales until Monday. It does get easier I promise. Give it a go! ;-)

I haven't done well with this at all. I have however, managed to just have the one sneaky peek per day. That's progress surely? I'll move onto once a week shortly. In the meantime, keep it up. It's from reading your posts that I've managed to remind myself to stop at just the once, so thanks. X

Definitely progress :). Can't you try for every other day now? Baby steps...

I used to also (shhhh) weigh myself if I got up for a pee in the night!!!

me too!!!! :eek:

ok, i'm going to give it a try. I really have no idea how i'm going to get on. but try i will!

I literally had to step over the scales this morning as hubby is back on his obsessive weighing and left them in the middle of the bathroom instead of putting them back under the sink:mad:

Anyway, somehow managed to resist and just put them under the sink again!

So day 2/7 morning done! :cool:

:sign0007:Had a sneaky look this morning:rolleyes: I just had to check that all was moving in the right direction after last week. All good:p so will stay away from scales again;)

Ok bad times, after telling Veggiegirl last week that as an at home weighter I have taught myself to ONLY weigh in once a week on the official WI day....this week I had a sneaky look Sunday & it said I'd put on 3.5lb, I know that when I weigh on a Sunday my WI Wedneday will always be 1lb less which means I'll still have gained. So for 2 days I was feeling rubbish, although I ate well I was in no mood for exercise which I always do, because I thought-well if I've gained why bother.

Official WI today & I did put on 1.5lb, hadn't done anything wrong so am gutted, but feel even worse that for 2 days I didn't bother with exercise all because of the sneaky WI I TELL PEOPLE NOT TO DO!

When will I learn.....:sigh:

Hi Lisa, Sorry to hear about the gain. I also had one last week and knew about it... It stinks! I agree that it can only really be a negative thing to weigh in mid week although I did have a sneaky look this morning to make sure the numbers weren't going up again, I will try my hardest to keep off them until Monday. Have a good week and you will kick that 1.5 in to touch x

Hi Lisa, Sorry to hear about the gain. I also had one last week and knew about it... It stinks! I agree that it can only really be a negative thing to weigh in mid week although I did have a sneaky look this morning to make sure the numbers weren't going up again, I will try my hardest to keep off them until Monday. Have a good week and you will kick that 1.5 in to touch x

Aren't we a terrible twosome? :p

I'm away this weekend which does mean I can't stick to plan but also means I won't be here sunday to have a sneaky WI, I'm determined not to weigh mid-week anymore! The messing with my head is just not worth it!

Ok i knew this was going to be really tough, but to fail at every opportunity???? :(
ok a firm line drawn under this, i will start after my weigh in tomorrow morning and see how i get on!:eek:

Back