Step into my Time Machine

Shirleen

Gold Member
Takes us back to where or rather when you'd go....and why.

Me, I'd go back 20 years ago to when I met Paul. I'd want to live the last 20 years again, but with the knowledge I have now.

Think I'd go back 12-13 years to when I just left school & started college. Think I would have thought through what I wanted to achieve & got my education first then had my kids, I wouldn't change them for the world but if I had the chance again I would have waiting until I was a little older especially if I'd have known the number of additional needs the oldest & youngest have. Saying that I did go back to uni & get my degree eventually just think it would have been easier without a husband, house & 3 bambinis lol x

I'm not sure, I don't want to change any decisions I have personally made because I feel they've all led me here and I'm pretty happy where I am.

BUT I'd love a holiday in the victorian era, but only as someone rich. or the 1940s, but only if i could have a guarantee i'd not die!

Ooooo dilemmas!!

1977 - so when Dad was offered that 2 year job in the New Hebrides (now Vanuatu in middle of the Pacific) I'd have said YES rather than whinged like a 13 year old about missing my mates/grandparents.

1982 - so I could have gone to another uni, failing that

June 1990 - so that I could tell ex (who I'd met at uni in 1982 :D) we would not be getting back together after his pathetic behaviour. Granted the big dilemma there is that I have 2 lovely kids now I might not have under that scenario but at least I might have children with a father who's around and about and puts them first - they really deserve that.

I'd go back to being 17 - make myself choose a different degree!! I might be somewhere completely different then!

I would go back 15 years to when my children were 3 and 1. Loved that time of my life and loved being a mum with babies.

I don't want to go back far to be honest. Just a week. That was the moment when i changed. If I go back 8 years, 10 years, 15 years I was a lot more overweight and bullied. If I go back anywhere between 8 and 4 years I was very overweight and hating it, if i go back up to 3 years I was mostly depressed. But last week was a turning point, with some help from a certain musician, I can to realise I should appreciate who i have become and accept what I look like, last week was the first time i went out with my arms showing and really wasn't thinking "people are staring at me". And I did it on the day I was meeting the very same musician that made me realise I could now accept who I was. No wonder I stared crying on his shoulder. But yeah, thats all I want to go back because this week has been the happiest I have been in a long time if not ever.

I'd go back 17 years, I was 6/7 and just remember having the best childhood. Christmases in particular, the week before Christmas my mum and I, and my aunt, uncle and cousin would all move in to my granny and granda's house. Christmas was amazing, I just loved us all being together and miss my grandparents more than anything.

I'd change a lot if I could go back. I regret most of the choices I made as a teenager. It wasn't even that long ago lol. So I'd just pop back into 2000, and tell myself to get rid of a certain friend, because I think she is the reason I did a lot of the things that I regret now, and if she wasn't a friend before high school started, maybe my life would have worked out differently and I wouldn't regret so many things now.

This has got me a bit emotional!! Oh dear lol.

I'd go back to A Levels at college where I was superskinny and when I had no expenses lol! That way I'd choose a different degree, love my job as a teacher but really wish I'd had the guts to go for medicine like I'd wanted!

Back