Step One, Day One

Well I've lurked for long enough, at long last I've taken the plunge and went to the pharmacist last week and had my first strawberry shake this morning. It wasn't bad, I added crushed ice and a sweetener for the first one, not as nice as slim fast but more off it so I can't complain.
The water is going okay but my god do I miss my diet coke/pepsi, I go through bottle upon bottle of the stuff!! The hungers not bad but its definitely a raw deal for us fellas with only 2 shakes a day, it feels a really long time untill I can have the next one:sigh:.
I've tried my first black coffee with a couple of sweeteners, all I can say is its definitely an aquired taste, hot n sweet and some caffeine, but that's about it - yuk!!
I've no doubt its a long tough road ahead but hopefully I'll be at the end of it before I know it, I'm aiming to lose about 4 stone but more importantly to get the blood pressure down a bit:). Thanks to everyone for their stories they are a great motivator.
Do your shakes count towards your water intake or is it 3-4 litres on top of this? I'm off to costco tomorow for lots of water, especially the fizzy stuff, hopefully it will take the edge of the pepsi withdrawal.
Roll on that first weigh in:):):)

Good luck on your journey hun - we're all here for moral support! You'll find a way to really enjoy the shakes - my fave is the strawberry one with lots of ice. But you'll read on here lots of other tips and hints to make them better! Don't forget to post manically on here - it really helps *grin* x

Hello & Welcome,

You need to have 2-4 litres on top of the water you use to make your shakes, make sure you sip it throughout the day. This will help with hunger & hydration.

Good Luck
Clair x

Back