Still Trying....

valley

:sign0144:

I guess this is where I put my daily diary? I dont know if anyone will read it or not but what a great idea! I like the idea of being able to come back and read my ramblings about trying to get healthy...what works and what doesnt.

Okay...so far, these are the weight loss plans that I have tried over the last 5-6 years:

Weight Watchers -- I lost 22 pounds on WW when I was younger but got didnt do well on it this last time I tried it
Atkins --- I lost 13 pounds then gave up.
South Beach -- I lost 6 pounds then gained it back
HCG -- UGH! I lost 22 pounds in 30 days. I gave myself injections in my belly each day that totally took my hunger away. I ate 500 cal per day....but gained it all back within the following month after I stopped it. I also lost a ton of hair from being malnourished.
Nutrisystem -- I like this program! But its far too expensive to keep up...I lost weight but gained it back when I stopped NS
Medifast -- HORRIBLE! I enjoyed it while I was on it but lost a full inch of my hairline from being malnourished. On the MF forums, the nutritionist swore that MF doesnt cause hair loss but I read story after story of women who lost tons of hair while on Medifast. I would never do it again, even though I lost weight while on it.
Cabbage Soup diet -- phew....I got *ahem* a wee bit stinky! :D
Low Cal -- I got tired of tracking my calories each day
The 3 Hour Diet -- I was never able to follow it properly .

I think my problem with all of these diets is that I did them alone and other than Medifast, I never had any support. Maybe this time will be different. All I know is that i'm the largest I have ever been in my life. My back hurts, my knees hurt, my feet hurts, my shoulders hurt...my asthma is constantly flaring up, I have reflux and I hate looking into a mirror each day. I'm so self-conscious of the bulk. I think something might have changed in my mind this time around. I gained so much weight in such a short amount of time that it affects every aspect of my life. I suffer from depression...being overweight has been pretty hard on my confidence levels.

BUT...i'm still trying. I cannot give up. Tomorrow is a new day right? I'm excited to do Slimming World! :happy036:

Day 1...so i've downloaded all of the charts and food lists and i've been studying everything throughout the day.

I can do this!

Grocery day is not until Wednesday so the fridge was a little light on healthy supplies. I ended up taking sliced turkey deli meat, half cup of corn and an orange for my lunch. Had a cup of coffee with splenda and 3Tbl creamer (6 syns). Came home, had a burger on an arnolds thin and an apple. 1 oz cheese for a snack tonight. I think I will make a nice salad for tomorrows lunch. I am mentally exhausted from work so I think thats why I am not hungry. But I have 4 syns left and no idea what to spend them on. I will probably go to bed and fall asleep before I decide, lol!.

It's almost 8pm, 20 degrees outside, wood stove crankin' out some heat inside, kitty curled up on my lap. My belly is full and my family is safe. What more could a girl ask for? :)

so I was very excited to step on the scale yesterday and find that I had lost 7 pounds my first week! :bunnydance:

Last night, I had a little bump in the road. I was very hungry for something sweet and ended up eating 4 wintergreen lifesavers. They were not sugar free! But if I hadnt eaten them I probably would have had something bigger and worse. I am saving my syns for a tiny treat at bedtime. I have mini candy canes that I am going to use as a treat...they are flavorful, last a long time and fulfill the needs of my sweet tooth! They are 1 and 1/2 syns each. I can also have 2 caramel rice cakes at night for 5 syns.....so I guess I am figuring out how to make this work for me.....i'm on plan all day and bedtime is when I use my syns. I find that I stick to eating the right foods during the day when I know I can have my sweet treat at bedtime while watching a show (bad habit, I know!)

I also ordered a Wii Fit disc to replace the broken one I had....now I will be able to start exercising again at home.

I think I can....I think I can....I think I can.........:)

Back