Stir fry ideas

lillaura

Hey peeps! Call me uninspired but my stir frys are always boring. I love them but i need something different! Any ideas? :sigh:

i just use soy sauce but always look at the packet stuff, is it worth trying?

I use beef stock cube disolved in a small amount of hot water add it to the pan when the veggies and meat are almost cooked, I then add a small amount of soy sauce and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce you have to syn the sweet chilli. I also like a chicken stock cube crumbled over my stirfry. I also love fresh chillis in my stirfrys.

I always use my chinese marinade recipe & mix it up with noodles & stir fry veg. & any kind of meat if you want ;
Bottle diet coke (small)
Tbspn tomato puree
Garlic/ginger- i use minced from jar-tspn
Salt/black pepper
Chinese 5 spice
Soy sauce - just a glug
Let infuse for a while,
Sling it all in a pan to boil, when you get the consistency you want- boil for longer if you want sticky ! & add to stir fry or marinade meat / tofu

I always use my chinese marinade recipe & mix it up with noodles & stir fry veg. & any kind of meat if you want ;
Bottle diet coke (small)
Tbspn tomato puree
Garlic/ginger- i use minced from jar-tspn
Salt/black pepper
Chinese 5 spice
Soy sauce - just a glug
Let infuse for a while,
Sling it all in a pan to boil, when you get the consistency you want- boil for longer if you want sticky ! & add to stir fry or marinade meat / tofu

I made this last night and it was amazing!
Wasn't sure how much of each spice to put in, so i put a table spoon of each in, and 500ml of diet coke.
I tried it half way through and it was very sweet so i added extra garlic and a little bit of hot chilli powder.
My boyfriend said it was better than chow mein from the chinese!

Looked in Asda for the Chinese 5 Spice and all i could see was 'All Spice', so i used that.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Will be my new Saturday night meal! :D

Back