Stock granules

I presume you mean gravy granules rather than stock granules?

If not you need to provide more details, i.e. which brand or whether their is any nutritional information on the tub/container.

Gravy granules have a thickening agent added to them, which adds a syn value.

Some stocks do have oil content. But I think all stock cubes are free.

think stock cubes are 15 calories a cube.

They used to be synned, but then slimming world decided to make them free, as you are unlikely to over consume them and they are really just used for flavouring. I can't imagine anyone eating just a stock cube. lol.

This is the ingredient list

Salt, Lactose (From Milk), Flavour Enhancer (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'- ribonucleotides, Flavourings, Chicken Powder (2%), Chicken Fat, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Onion Powder, Yeast Extract, Dried Parsley, Spices, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Bay Leaf

So you've got milk, chicken fat (yeuch) and oil in it!

But the Tesco website reckons it is 5 calories for 100mls made up. And nowwhere near are much fat as you quoted above

http://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/1/xpi54125951.htm

I don't use them in all my food, as they are quite high in salt content and my 4 year old eats pretty much everything I do. I buy the reduced sodium ones and tend to use half a cube in things that don't need much and then in soups/stew etc where plenty of water is added I probably use about 1 cube, as I find the vegetables add their own flavour, so you really dont need much.

Last edited:
Absolutely fine to use stock cubes. No syns. As others have said granules contain a thickener which need to be synned.

Denise

Back