Stomach pain - Alli?

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Hi all

I've been using Alli for the last 4/5 days and i have just had the most agonosing upper stomach pain (at base of my ribs) and my stomach got as hard as a rock. Not sure if it's just down to the Alli or a combination of that, my beans i had for dinner and the 2 muller rice I have had for snacks today but god the pain was fierce and I had to go up and down the stairs about 10 times to relieve it. I can now feel my insides start to loosen up a bit so not looking forward to later :-(

Anyone else using Alli had spasms?

Gg

It was certainly wind... i scared the cats to death!

lol.. this reminds me of when i was nursing in Guys and as an occupational hazard had to be obsessed with peoples bowel movements :)

I know such a funny thing to chat about but hey we're newbies to the Alli so need to check. It definately worked for the pharmacist!! She triumphantly showed me her very loose trousers when I brought it. She also warned me not to eat anything fatty as the movement would be very quick! Nice lol

It is.. it's within a few hours like clock work! Grease Lightening my mate has nicknamed it! lol

i have just sat giggling at this for about 10 mins.. (heres hoping the tummy got a work out...)
yes its all normal with the tablets and its just your body adjusting....
ive not been greese lightning or tango'd as they call it. (well i have but one little oil drop in the toilet) so i think i must be doing something right!!!

Hi! I have been considering Alli.....is it worth the money? Can't believe this post hasn't put me off! :)
If I was you I'd ask your Dr for Xenical first. I hope you don't mind but I worked out your BMI from your info down the side and you shouldn't have any problems getting it. Xenical and Alli are both Orlistat the only difference is Alli is 60mg and Xenical is 120mg the cost of a prescription which will last you 1 month compared to £44 for Alli which will last 2 weeks? :)

and the answer i would give you would be yes i think its worth it... (and if you can get it cheaper why not!!)
as long as you stick to the rules (why not check out the xenical thread for more ideas and tips and stories)
its been the best thing for me!

Thanks girls, I've got my 6 week check up tomorrow after having my baby so going to speak to my Dr about my weight too. Promised myself after putting on and losing 6 stone with my little boy that I wouldn't eat as much second time round but I did!

dont beat yourself up about it.. at least you are doing something about it!! good on you!

Thanks girls, I've got my 6 week check up tomorrow after having my baby so going to speak to my Dr about my weight too. Promised myself after putting on and losing 6 stone with my little boy that I wouldn't eat as much second time round but I did!
I had a baby 3 months ago and even though I'd promised myself I wouldn't put any weight on while I was pregnant I managed to put on 3 stone so I know where you're coming from :eek: good luck with your appointment tomorrow x

Back