strange behavour in my cat....

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
strange behavour in my cat....

i caught him first wee'ing in his litter tray, then just casually curled up and lead down in it.
he just looked at me as if to say "what? this is normal"....

and hes been caught eating his litter aswell.

he does get fed if anyones thinking he dosent, he eats more than toby does!

this isnt normal behavour, is it?

I'd take him to the vets as that might be a UTI, pretty common in boy kitties and some medication from the vets will clear it right up.

Any abnormal behaviour when it comes to litter, I whisk mine to the vets, better to be safe :)

i want him microchipped anyway....
found it funny at first seeing him sleeping in his litter tray but its really not.
he was doing it again this morning, eating his litter. he hasnt wee'd or pooped in it thank god.... he had two dishes of cat food by the side aswell!

he dosent seem to struggle with going kitty litter at all though, been keeping an eye on him and hes been weeing just fine....

From googling it, it seems it's almost always linked with illness unless it was a habit started as a kitten so I'd get him to the vets if I were you. Also, if you use clumping litter then it could really harm him.

There are many reasons why your cat or kitten could be eating kitty litter and all but one has to do with the health of your pet. The most likely reason that your cat might be eating kitty litter is the result of a vitamin or mineral deficiency which the cat tries to compensate with the minerals found in the clay of the kitty litter. This can be a very serious problem that should not be taken lightly.

If you use the clumping type of kitty litter and find your cat eating it you should discard it immediately. You will need to prevent your cat from ingesting this type of kitty litter because it may cause serious digestive problems and blockages.

Back