Stressed

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Why am I so pee'd off with my OH all the time, he annoys me constantly, he winds me up & its usually just before bed time, then I become very stressed.
I accused him of trying to sabotage my diet, he denied it.
Is it the diet making me less tolerant of him & others?
I'm finding the arguing very trying, I don't want to be stressed all the time, I want to enjoy this journey in my life & feel good about myself.

Cherry

well there are a coupleof options:

1 He's a typical bloke and has no clue that eating takeaways in front of you may be a tad insensitive

2 He's threatened and isn't sure whether you'll still want him when you're slim - so he's sabotaging (he won't know he's doing it)

3 As you lose weight the oestrogen trapped in the fat is being released and this leaves you in a state of permanent PMT

It was the last one that happened to me! I was pure hell to live with.

But apart from that there are all sorts of things that happen when people start to lose weight as everyone around you is now pushed out of their comfort zone and it's worth knowing that they may react in a way that is unsupportive often without knowing that's what they're doing.

Mind you, I say all this without knowing all the info!

Possibly a bit of both and maybe he worries that if you tur into the luscious babe that you will that you'll not like him anymore & run off with a beautful boy! Can you sit down and hav a good chat togeather and clear the air? It maybe that he feels whatever he does is wrong, needs some reassurance himself and as Sorya said possiby doesent realise that he's upsetting you! They (men) are from aother planet after all!! Big cyber hug coming your way!!

I agree- communication is the key- time for some adult to adult talking. I do sympathise though- I also think this diet can make me quite selfish/self-obsessed and therefore hyper-sensitive to any OH shennanigans! That is not to say that OH is innocent, but he may simply be unaware of the effect he has on you- time to make him a bit more self-aware!

Kx

Thanks Guys, I'll try & talk to him tonight.
I'm gonna sit in the sun for a bit & recharge my batteries while the kids are all out!
Thanks
Cherry

The fact that your whole routine and outlook to food has changed, you find that the smallest thing relating to food will irritate you. I cannot sit with people eating at the moment as I get pangs of jealousy, not that I am regretting the diet. So I go away and have some alone time. I am lucky, my family are very supportive and do think about what they are doing around me. But I would agree with what has been said above that you need to have a chat with him, he really may not be aware of the full extent of your worries.

Quote from Soraya:
1 He's a typical bloke and has no clue that eating takeaways in front of you may be a tad insensitive

2 He's threatened and isn't sure whether you'll still want him when you're slim - so he's sabotaging (he won't know he's doing it)

3 As you lose weight the oestrogen trapped in the fat is being released and this leaves you in a state of permanent PMT

It was the last one that happened to me! I was pure hell to live with.

That makes a lot of sense Soraya!

No3. How do you know about that. I'd never heard of it. Is it really true? How can I find out more?

Back