Struggler

bannergie

Hi guys,

I'm going to start Exante AGAIN on Monday!!! This will be my third attempt. I can do up to 9 days but then give in as I'm so hungry and bored in the evenings and weekends. How do you guys do it? Is it a constant struggle or do you really not feel hungry? I've checked I'm in ketosis from day 3 onwards, so there is obviously something wrong with me.

Also, does anyone know how may lbs it is realistic to loose before x-mas if I stick to it?

x

You could still lose the best part of 2 stones before Xmas :)

Hello

I have started and stopped so many diets!! I have also done lipotrim and W8 a few times one time in which I only lasted until the end of day one and got a chinese take away! So I know how awful it feels to stop and start!
I am now currently on day 5 of exante and I am finding it ok! You have the normal day one which is always very hard - day 2 i had terrible headache but went after 2 paracetamol and since then the only problem I have is that my mind is too busy to sleep! (strange)
The only advice I can offer is that this time I have tackled it very differently - I have gone in with a series of mini goals so I dont set my self up for failing e.g Get through Monday-Friday and weigh in which I did today and lost 8lbs and I knew this would spur me on - next is to get through the weekend etc etc and from now until Xmas I have built in time off as I know I have things I will need/want to do - Family meal - 18th November - Friends 30th 4th December both of which I will have a weekend off so Im very excited to work towards that!

Hope that helps....Go for it and think you CAN do it not you CANT that was always my problem!

X

hey bannergie it is really difficult im into my 12th week and have just restarted today again i have had quite a few blips where ive just eaten but i do try and get back on straight away, its not easy having to go through getting in to ketosis again but at least i am trying and not giving up. i would say you should try and do your 8/9 days then plan a night or two having 1 meal then get straight back on. i hope this helps and good luck with your restart.

Thanks guys that really does help. I guess if I break things down to mini goals and a night off occasionally that will help a lot. I think I would manage ok if it wasn't for feeling hungry. Do you guys still feel hungry? If not when did it stop? Should ketosis automatically = loss of hunger?

Thanks

Bannergie, woud it better for you to have 3 packs a day plus a low carb meal, maybe somethnig like a piece of chicken, or a small steak with salad. If you could aim to include a small high protein low carb meal, it will help stop the hunger until you have fully adjusted to existing on the packs. As long as its a protein rich low carb meal you will stay in ketosis and will still be well under 1000 cals a day, so the weight loss will still be very good.

Much better to go down the route of having a small meal, than give up because of hunger.

You might even only need a small high protein low carb snack to help you through with the 3 exante packs. Avidlite dietisnack do BBQ flavour soy nuts, that taste like dry roast crunchy peanuts, but are only 147 cals and 3.3g carbs a pack. They are really nice, and a bag is quite filling. When i get hungry i eat about a third of bag of them and thats enough to take the hunger away for very few calories and carbs. Avidlite also do some other snack type meals like chilli, thats are around the same count of cals and carbs. It might just be enough to keep you on the straight and narrow with the Exante.

bannergie said:
Thanks guys that really does help. I guess if I break things down to mini goals and a night off occasionally that will help a lot. I think I would manage ok if it wasn't for feeling hungry. Do you guys still feel hungry? If not when did it stop? Should ketosis automatically = loss of hunger?

Thanks

I don't think ketosis automatically takes away the hunger. I've been in ketosis for 2 days now and haven't felt hungry. But I know from doing this diet before, that I'll have the occasional extreme hunger day. It comes and goes. This is not an easy diet.
Lots of strength and try to stick with it xxx

Back