Struggling a bit.....cant stop thinking about chocolate!

unreal83

Want to be a yummy mummy!
Hi ladies

I need a bit of a boost. I dont know why I am craving sugar so much but I think I may be eating too many yoghurts - im not eating more than i should but i think the sugar in them is teasing my body and making it want more! Has anyone else felt like this? It doesnt help being so bored at work, all I want is a cuppa tea and chocolate digestives! Ive been so good until now I dont want to ruin it but im just sort of not enjoying having NO treats at all, its really hard - even wondering to have 1 day a week with treats and being good the rest of the time just so i know that i can have something naughty - but then thats not dukan is it and its totally frowned upon!

I think my problems lay deeper than just wanting something naughty - i feel once i start i cant stop, its bad! I could literally eat my way through 4 cream cakes or a whole bag of crisps to myself, its bad - why am i like this! This diet is making me crave even more - but then i wonder if its the yoghurts/SF jelly/diet coke (had 1 can today and none since i started) making me crave more sugar as i have been fine until now.

I know i wouldnt enjoy it if i did cheat - its just the first mouthful isnt it - i need someone to give me a bit of a boost.....i need to update my ticker as i have lost 8lbs now.

x

Ohh well done you....8 lbs loss!!! Could it be the TOTM? I'm like you though, I can't have just one white chocolate malteser, I have to have the whole bag and that's something I'm going to have to deal with. My husband loves After Eights and can eat a couple and put the box away :eek: and I'm aiming to do just that once I reach my ideal weight. Good luck hon and keep drinking the water and keep busy. Hugs Saska x

It's funny but I would have described myself that way too. I wouldn't just have the one, I'd have a load or an entire bag of chocies. That said, I only once had a "crave" experience and it was the week I started cruise and, as it turned out, was also TOTM. I had some diet coke and felt better. Next day, it was gone.

So, I'm actually shocked at how easy I find it. I've no cravings at all now. I was sitting with the kids last night, in a chipper! them lashing into pizza, chips, etc and then topping it off with baby 99's and it didn't faze me at all.

I think you might need to go back to basics. Maybe have a cold hard look at exactly what you are eating and perhaps you're not allowing yourself to truly enter into mild ketosis.

Fyi, I don't eat any yogurts other than Zero fat natural yogurt for my dukan bread and I never eat sugar free Jelly. In fact, I don't use sweeteners at all.

I have the same problem.
I crave sweets and snacks.
Nothing seems to keep me happy, actually.....

What helped me the last time I had the old cravings ( this was when I lost 22lbs on Dukan) was to make up a big pot of chocolate quark...and if necessary made a microwave gallete/muffin thing. That way I had a chocolate fix and felt stuffed. Lot less damage to the system than a box of malteasers ( food of satan!)

Tess

Defo check ur food for hidden sugars, I made sure I ate LOADS of pure protein at every meal before considering any other food and I often found mysel full and satisfied and not needing anything else!!! Good luck and keep going! U Defo don't want to break it! Xxx

One of the things I like about the Dukan plan is that I have hardly any food cravings except maybe TOTM. When I'd eat carbs I'd never feel satisfied, always wanting more and more anytime of the day....it was like a carb addiction. I am now content with protein and not circling the fridge wondering what to scoff next :eek:

So how's it going unreal83? Cheers, Saska x

I find if i have too much diet coke or sweetner then this can kick off my sweet cravings - i was a real chocoholic before dukan but ive not had it for over a year - i cant be sensible with chocolate so even now that im in conso im staying well clear - and it doesnt have a hold over me anymore - defo fill up on protein and you will find craving will disappear x

The Dukan cocoa powder is lovely as a hot chocolate and also the Dukan nutella, (both off the website) is really nice. I treated myself to some easter time (durr Ive been on this for ages!!!) and it was really worth it. That nutella spread would be lovely on a sweet gallette. I also bought some 0 carb pancake syrup off amazon which I love on my gallettes. I also make a milkshake out of my toffee muller light. That is yum too. really kept me on track this week after my massive blow out last week. Good luck xx

Hi ladies thanks for replying...

Saska thank you - I am too like that, I could eat loads of cream cakes and not feel sick! Naughty! I have been drinking my water I dont manage more than 2.5 litres a day but I think that should do.

After yesterdays little craving a sweet coffee sorted me out, the craving went off, has this diet messed up anyones totm? Cos I have been waiting to come on for 2/3 weeks now and nothing, I have done 2 tests and still nothing! Very strange.

So yes feeling a little more positive today, having a pp day so for breakfast i had hard boiled eggs, couldnt manage to finish my pancakes as i had forgotten to sweeten them, 1 vanilla yoghurt, 1 strawb ML for snack, prawns, mackerel and salmon for lunch and dont really have anything for an afternoon snack! Dinner tonight will be chicken or salmon. I cant say i really enjoy PP days.

Am 13,2 now - really want to see 12 something! Oh I took the stairs this morning - first time in months lol!

Minnie me I think i should start a food diary! Thank you

Chocolate Quark! Tell me more!

I am literally about to hunt for this dukan nutella now! YUM! X

chocolate quark is easy peasy:

1 tub of quark
sweetener ( I use about 8 splenda tablets dissolved in a little water)
big spoonful of cocoa
then mix like hell till smooth, if you feel it is too thick for you, add some fromage frais or fat free yoghurt.
Add vanilla, or other flavourings (I rather like to put rose flavouring in, as I love turkish delight).

and that's it. Chill before eating, if you have the willpower ( I never manage this!)

Tess (coronation chicken for lunch - loverly!)

Back