Struggling again :(

KittyB

Gold Member
Sorry to post a needy thread so soon after joining but I'm in danger on opening the fridge and eating the first thing I can get my hand on :eek:

Day 2 of LL and I'm struggling, surely the excitement of the possibility of losing weight should negate the hunger and emotions I'm feeling.

I seem to be able to smell food a mile off at the moment, driving home today and listening to the radio they were all talking about food! (I sound like a mad obsessive.....erm :eek: well.... :D )

Me fella is trying to eat while I'm not around, but I can smell things cooking and it's driving me mad.

Perhaps I should hoy him out for a few weeks until I've managed to get settled into this?! :eek: :D ;) :confused:

I've got a long day out of the office tomorrow, I'm panicing about coping with making shakes and soups, honestly I'm having to take a rucksack to carry everything with me!!

On a positive note, I've just managed 4 litres of water today :)

Kitty x

Last edited:
Oh Kitty i soooooooooo remember when I was on that day and can totally sympathise.

BUT HANG IN THERE!!

IT IS SOOOO WORTH IT!!

Nothing you can eat will be as good as losing 10 stone I promise you!!

If you read my blog at MyCambridgeLife you will see at the bottom when I was on the first few days and saying it was so hard but it gets easier and easier and you get slimmer and slimmer.

JUST HANG IN THERE FOR ME!

You will be so glad you did

Mike

Kitty, hi :)

As Mike says......HANG IN THERE. IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

I'm not following any VLCD at the moment but have done LL previously and the first few days are the worst. It really does get easier.

Don't apologise for posting what you call "a needy post" so early on. THAT IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF THING THAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT.

Come back as often as you need to and post about anything hun. We're all here to help each other.:D

Lacey...xxx

Snap Day 2 for me

Hi, i've just reg on this site, as my mentor who lost 11st doing the C/D told me there would be others out there who could and would listen to each other going through the same thing.
I was going to type a help message in almost the same words you have used, as it's been hard the past 2 days trying not break old habits, but the will power has worked up to now and nothing has passsed my lips apart from the C/D.
My added difficultly is that my 3 year old daughter doesn't understand why i'm not eating the same as her.
It's also the look on her face that will keep me going. :)
Anyway i hope your fridge doesn't call you too loud this evening !!
This is my first time in a chat room thingy, so i better stop here.
Good luck.

((Mike)) I have to confess I found your journal and Isobels before I went to my first session. I read every single post. It was the inspiration I needed to get out of the car and into the LL centre.
I think I need to go back and re read to see as you say, how yous managed the early days. 10 stone seems like an impossibility at the moment, I need to do this though, my weight has controlled me for far too long already.

((Isis)) Thank you, at the moment I'm daunted by how I'm going to manage this, upset and angry that I've let my weight get out of control.....and my negative chatterbox is telling me that I'll fail.

I think I'll have to put some post it notes up around the place to remind me that I can do this, and it will help me to become thin and healthy.

One question....does your body get used to the amount of water or will I be making this many trips to the loo for the next 100 days? :D

((Nicolo)) Thank you for your support, especially as you're feeling the same this evening. We're gonna have to keep focused. I'm mentally trying to imagine myself thin to try to ignore the cravings.

Kitty x

Hi again Kitty,

I'm sure a lot of us will confirm that the trips to the loo do settle down after the first few days.:D I know, it seems like musical knickers at first and you plan everywhere you go with the thought of where the loos are:eek:

Great idea to put up some stick it notes everywhere with inspirational quotes on to boost you. It really can help.

Keep going, you're doing great.

Lacey....xxx

You do go to the loo a lot but that isn't a bad thing!

And yes your bladder does get more used to it!!

And remember that you are finally take control over food, you have empowered yourself to get rid of the 10 stone 1 by 1 !

And you'll get there so much quicker than you think and dare I say start to enjoy it !!

M.

LOL - Musical Knickers!!! ain't that the truth ;)

Thank you for your support, it helps so much to have someone to reassure me who's been there.

I've have been dreading today because I had to go to London for a meeting.

So I got up and avoided water because I was going to be sat in the car for 4 hours.
Managed the journey despite needing a wee the minute we'd set off, I kept my legs crossed all the way there :D

Got there and was late for the start of the meeting so didn't have time to have my shake as planned.
Felt weak so tried discreetly to pour a rasberry powder into a bottle half full of water. :rolleyes:
Ended up with half the powder on the floor :eek:
Tried shaking the bottle but was getting some weird looks so got embarrassed and stopped.
So had a lumpy watery rasberry shake around 10 am.
Lunchtime arrived and my colleagues were tucking into a buffet - I managed to make my mushroom soup in a mug and sat away from them to make a few calls and avoid drooling over their plates :eek: :eek: :eek:
Drank 2 1/4 litres of water during the meeting, so had to ask for 2 toilet stops on the way back, much to the annoyance of my colleagues :(
Got into the car and decided to try the nut bar I'd taken with me (I was well into ketosis according to my sticks this morning so thought I'd take one as it was such an awkward day)
I cried (pathetic I know) because I'd really been looking forward to it and it was so difficult to eat, and it tasted so dry and bland.

Anyway, am home now....and glad the days behind me. Gonna have a shake before I go to bed, try and get the rest of my water down me and hope that the cravings are less intense tomorrow.

Kitty x

Hi Kitty,how u doing girl,well i myself am on day 2 as well but am on cd,i 2 have loads of weight to loose.

As everyone knows here on Minimins i have struggled so bad with vlcd and in the last year never got past day 1 for emotional and health reason, but something clicked the other night and i realised how valuable my life is when my 14 yr old son got robbed in the street and for some reason i just thought that i am seriously wasting my life just getting bugger and bigger as time goes on and if i dont take my weight prob in hand today then i might not be around to see him grow up.

So here i am today on day 2 like u and yes of course i would luv 2 eat but i have got to the end of day 2 and no way am i giving up to have to do this all again.
We can do this Kiti and in the next day or so we will be in ketosis then i promise u things do get easier.
So when u r feeling weak just come online and chat to us,take care,sleep well xxx

Well done for getting through what sounds like a tough and trying day.

Feel really proud of yourself that you managed to stick to your diet - even if the nut bar tasted like cardboard ;)

Good luck with the rest of your journey and keep posting we are all here for you. :)

Hi Kitty

Just wanted to say hello and to tell you I know exactly where you're coming from - I was right where you are now back in November 2004 when I started LL at 10 stone overweight.

I won't bore you with all the details, but if you're interested you can read at your leisure all about my journey here ... http://community.homeandhealthtv.co.uk/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/236101191/m/488103491

It was a long road, but just think back to this time last year. Does it seem that far away? Not really .. !

Doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago we had Christmas, and now it's already poking its head around the corner! The years do pass by really quickly, and just think - in ONE year you could have shifted ALL of your weight! Probably in less! Isn't that motivation enough?!

You did really well today - a major achievement at any time in the programme, never mind in your first week. Well done you - fantastic. Something to be really proud of. Wouldn't have taken much to give in and join your colleagues in lunch, so give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.

As for the nut bars - they were my saviour! They don't melt (like the chocolate ones) and they resembled real food (IMO!). Great for breaking up and having with a coffee when out with others. I loved them, but I know others hate them .. perhaps you can try again in a couple of weeks? They certainly helped me when I was out and about.

Anyway .. won't waffle on! Well done. You've made the biggest step - getting started. This is the easy bit now! (I can say that as I've been there )

Good luck

Mandana x

Bloody WELL DONE Kitty :D

Don't know if I could have managed the day you've have in London and not given in!!!

Great to read your positive post tonight....xxx

Hi Kitty

I am the preverbial struggler! I don't make life easy for myself because I spend my life running up and down the country (and even Europe), sitting in cars for hours at a time or sitting in meetings for even longer! It isn't easy but I have found through experience that the chocolate shakes are the easiest to deal with. I always carry a sports bottle of water with me, a teaspoon and a small plastic bowl. I make the chocolate shake into a chocolate mouse (if you put a drop of water in the bottom, add the shake and stir adding a drop of water at a time until you have a cookie dough type consistency). I find that I can make that in the car quite easily and without too much mess.

I wish life would just stop whilst I finished this journey but it doesn't and so I have had to find ways of making this work for me and have achieved a loss each week albeit at a slower rate than others in my group.

Good luck and keep on posting for help - I have found it the only way through this journey we are taking.

Thank you so so much.

I'm really upset at the moment.
I've been feeling sick most of the morning, I had to go to a meeting at eleven and after about 5 mins in the room I started to feel really unwell. Hot then cold and clammy, I told my colleague and as I stood up to leave I crumpled.

I managed to get up and out to the corridor but had to be collected and brought home by a colleague.

I'm at home in bed, have phone the LLC and she suggested more water and some salt in my soups.

I have an appointment at the GP's later. Not my ususal one as she's on holiday, but someone will see me if I wait at the surgery.

I feel so down

Kits x

Thank you so so much.

I'm really upset at the moment.
I've been feeling sick most of the morning, I had to go to a meeting at eleven and after about 5 mins in the room I started to feel really unwell. Hot then cold and clammy, I told my colleague and as I stood up to leave I crumpled.

I managed to get up and out to the corridor but had to be collected and brought home by a colleague.

I'm at home in bed, have phone the LLC and she suggested more water and some salt in my soups.

I have an appointment at the GP's later. Not my ususal one as she's on holiday, but someone will see me if I wait at the surgery.

I feel so down

Kits x

Hi Kitty
Im so sorry your feeling down :(
It will be worth it these few days are the worst and I expect what your feeling is the withdrawal of those carbs and sugars!
Try and drink plenty OF WATER,I read your posts and look how well you have done ,you got through your London trip like a trooper and you are nearly past the worse.Your doctor may say come off it but you know how well it works so please try to stick at it.......just imagion how WONDERFUL you'll feel at CHRISTMAS????
(((((HUGS))))

How did the docs appointment go Kitty?

Hopefully it is just that you need to drink more water and maybe slow down a bit for a while until your body gets more used to Sole Sourcing?

Let us all know how you are when you are able..xxx

Morning Kitty,how r u today hun.Kitty the first 4/5 days of ssing can be really bad symptoms wise and from what it sounds like u have had a rough time.
Are u on day 5 now if so you should be in ketosis and the carb and sugar withdrawal hedaches and other symptoms should be easing up quite a bit.

What did your doc say,did your doc tell u to stop ssing,i think alot of docs say that as they dont know much about vlcd`s. I hope your symptoms were just either carb withdrawal or you wwre coming down with a bug or the flu and not nothing 2 serious.

Kitty hun the first week of ssing is hard but it so worth it when u get weighed and see how much u have lost.
Also imagine how different u r going to look by christmas.

I myself am on day 4 and it has not been easy but the worst is over now,and when i got weighed by my cdc last night i had lost 10lbs in 3 days so it was worth it.

Looking forward to chatting 2 u soon,hope u r ok,take care xx

Hi all,
Thank you all so much for your support.
The dr wants to monitor my bloods but other than that explained that it's possible that I was dehydrated :eek: after all that water!
He did say that i may have to consider that I'm not suited but wasn't unduly worried yet.
Anyways, It's the start of day 5 and I've not broken just yet. Don't feel great but better than yesterday.

Off to a meeting, but will update later on how the day is going.

Kitty x

P.S - I'm on the darkest colour in Ketosis despite 4 litres a day :confused:

Hi all,
Thank you all so much for your support.
The dr wants to monitor my bloods but other than that explained that it's possible that I was dehydrated :eek: after all that water!
He did say that i may have to consider that I'm not suited but wasn't unduly worried yet.
Anyways, It's the start of day 5 and I've not broken just yet. Don't feel great but better than yesterday.

Off to a meeting, but will update later on how the day is going.

Kitty x

Hi kitty
Glad you went to your GP.
If the ketotstix is showing DARK PURPLE then you are in Ketosis but very dehydrated??Your body needs more than the 4 litres?You may have to have 6 litres thats why your feeling so bad ((((HUGS))))
Hope your meeting goes ok and try to up the water and see if the ketosistix changes if it doesnt buy some more k'stix and see if its any differant?
Xxc

Back