Extra Easy Struggling and Picky

daydreamer25

I am 8 weeks in to SW doing Extra Easy and have lost 1st and 0.5 pound :D I feel it could have been more but sadly life got in the way for a few weeks (we had a death in the family and I also had my birthday) so I maintained one week and gained 0.5 the following.

Been back on track a week now but I feel like my picky-ness is going to stop me from getting much further in my weight loss.

My issue is I cannot even bear the feeling of the following in my mouth:

Tomatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Lettuce

Generally things I should be eating to get my 1/3 superfree. I am not sure why I cant eat these kind of things i do attempt to but gagging when they go into your mouth isn't really what you want to be doing when you are eating, or even things like I can't go out and order a salad and be good with is because I can't stand it.

Anyone any ideas or anything like replacements for these, what kinds of superfree do you eat?

Any help is mucho appreciated :)

Hi - the only thing I eat on that list is lettuce! I hate onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, most fish...!! I cannot stand curry, rice or chilli! I eat a lot of pasta and stews, chicken and veg, omelettes etc. last night I spent hours going through the recipe sticky and found it so helpful - I took a screenshot of all the recipes that appealed and recipes that I could tweak to my liking!

Good luck

Fruit is superfree. How about downsizing you meals and having loads of fruit as desserts and snacks???

Have you tried chopping /blending these veg and adding them to pasta sauces?

I have superpicky Other Half and son but manage to cook for all of us (not that they know it!! :D )

I don't like onions and mushrooms either, but yesterday bought them for first time and put them into mushy pea curry. Blended it afterwards and so I'm getting the superfree from them without having to taste them!

I'm salads replace tomatoes and lettuce with spinach, red/yellow pepper, radish and sweet corn! :) also don't forget a boiled egg and maybe some left over pastas?!

When u have pasta do u use a tomato based sauce? Like a passata or is that too yucky for u too?

If it is use a hex A of Philadelphia or extra light laughing cow with some skimmed milk as the basis of a sauce ;-)

You are doing really well to loose that amount quickly so just keep doing what u r doing!! X

Ahh been super busy and forgot to read all of your replys! Thanks for the suggestions :) I try and do yoghurt and fruit for lunch when I pass on the mug shots or low fat super noodles so try and get it in that way.

I don't mind stuff if its all blended into a soup, I would never know what's in it anyway ;) Thank goodness the Autumn is coming and I can get into soups etc for dinner a bit more.

I have used passata for a pasta sauce and the OH didn't like it but will defo try that, I did find a Tesco Light Choices Tomato Pasta sauce and according to the app the jar was only 5/6 syns so sharing that with the OH or for next days lunch didn't seem so bad.

Back on track today had a gain of 0.5 last night but I was in Dublin for the weekend and had lotsssss of cocktails and yummy food (including garlic bread and chocolate cake) so I was expecting a wee bit more than that :)

Back