Struggling/failing

Actually a tattoo for maintaining wouldn't be a bad idea... It's definitely something that would remind you how far you'd come and reassure you of the determination you didn't know you had maybe a year ago. It's an amazing achievement either way... Maybe when and if I can maintain for a year I'll get one on my wrist too - just to remind myself that when the going gets tough - the food doesn't get going into my mouth! Lol.

If you're ever stuck for food/nutrition/whatever ideas - poke me on MSN Andy! - Do know I care lots, and always wonder how you and your lovely rats are. :) Hopefully your little one doesn't suffer too much, I know how painful a pet's departure can be. :hug99:

:rotflmao: Almonds rule!!!!! :D

Satisfying, yeah, but it's the metabolic advantage that I'm more interested in. Something about it way back in my diary somewhere. Hopefully going write more on it later.

It's fascinating...well, to me anyway :D

I put some almonds in my Chinese stir-fry earlier - it was yum! And I will keep on reading your journal and find out about this metabolic advantage you speak of. o_O I'm totally curious now.

Hi ANdy

Sorry to hear you have struggled so. I am glad you came back here for support.

Its not easy...we have to relearn an entire lifetimes eating as we have done it wrong for so long, it cannot be an overnight fix.

The key I think, is recognising when it goes wrong, which you have done.

Good luck on your new thoughts, plans and motives. Sound like you are reallygiving this a lot of thought, which is success, not failure. Failure would be throwing your hands up and saying, "Oh well, I tried, and it didn;t work". SO good on you for being successful.

Stick around - we are all in this together. :)

Hey folks - thanks again - have tried a few different things (ryvita, rice cakes) and have bought some chickpeas to roast (friend at work does them so will check with him tomorrow.

I'm going to start a thread in LL maintenance soon, to discuss what I'm doing. My diet isn't well balanced yet, but will get there (not why I want to post it - I want to develop a balanced diet as I work out what is working for me and what isn't).

Min, I had Teyla pts on Thursday, as I was worried she may suffer waiting till tomorrow.

http://www.minimins.com/pets-corner...angel-december-23rd-2006-may-21st-2009-a.html

I'll try to be a bit more involvedhere and see how it goes.

Thanks guys :)

hi andy ,
i know im not someone you know but i really feel for you , rtm was a very difficult time for me emotionally and i was fighting my inner demons at every turn trying to stop myself from sabotaging myself , i think the idea of getting what you have always longed for is a very scary one , and i know i really had to work hard to accept that i had done it and that sabotaging myself wasnt the answer, could go on for hours , i spend so much time psycho analysing myself:eek:.
anyway i just wanted to come on and say that you really are truly inspirational , not only by the weight youve lost but by what you give out to others , i read your thread on the passage of time and it was truly inspirational, you should be everyshade of proud for who you are and what you have achieved because the impact people like you have on others lives with youre kindness and words is imeseurable . dont forget you have come allong way and you chose to say goodbye to 'fat andy' all that time ago and you have succeeded.... boy have you xxxxxxx

Hi Andy

Welcome back. If you had given up you wouldn't be here.
You have done so well, as Kitteh says. (hello K!).
I remember that your moods can get quite low and get in the way of allowing you to keep on an even keel with the weight loss. That's nothing to beat yourself up about. It shows you are a sensitive person with feelings.
Pete has also not been having an easy time with losing the weight recently. Perhaps you two should have a bit of a pm conversation.
As for the snacks - apples and pears have been my life savers. If you can get them in the market they can be very cheap. Also the kids fun packs in supermarkets are cheap and often reduced and on special offer.
Filling and good for you and help in the poo department too!
Stick with it, you'll get there again.You KNOW you CAN do it.
How are your rats?:wave_cry:

OMG - try dry roasted chickpeas or soya nuts/beans! They're awesome. The chickpeas are more protein and much less calorie dense than nuts. Very satisfying snack as well..! Same with soya nuts. You can make your own roasted chickpeas as well, buy a tin, and look up some recipes for them... I may make some peri-peri sauce ones, they sound YUM.

How about fruit? It's quite cheap if you bulk buy a bag of apples; and nice snack ideas are: just sprinkle some cinnamon on apple halves, and microwave it for a minute or two! It's very yummy. Or try making a crumble for yourself! Cut up a fruit, out a little (no-sugar added) fruit juice in a dish, mix some rolled oats with an egg white and a smidgeon of butter for the "topping".. bake at 200 C for 30 mins or so. Lovely cold as well. :)

Hang in there Andy. Keep a food journal, and go for more 'raw' ingredients than 'ready-made'. Raw ingredients definitely last far longer than other stuff. :D You can make some mini-pizza's for yourself as well which are lower in calories. Get some wholewheat medium pitta breads and use them as a base (I think 1 pitta bread is about 200 cal?). Have two, put some tomato sauce on, sprinkle some basil, grate some cheese and put lots of steamed veg on there! Maybe some wafer thin ham/tuna flakes. Over all, it wouldn't work out too badly. The bulk of the veggies will keep you satisfied :D and for two it'll be about 500 calories (rather than store bought pizza which is about 800-900...)

:hug99:

omg.. you're making me want to eat them..!!! im gonna find out how to roast them now.. lol.. *googles*

and hello SB.. lol *waves*..

x x x

:rotflmao: Almonds rule!!!!! :D

OK so... I have ALWAYS hated almonds, marzipan, ground almond, curries with almonds added, bakewell tarts and anything else almond flavoured or containing.

Question is - will I start to like them after 30 some weeks on abstinence?

Almonds

More than likely! I used to hate raw apples, can't get enough of them now. Strange. Your tastes definitely do change. There's hope for you yet!

definately !!
wouldnt eat salad on even mildly cool days :0) stodge all the way and fish no more than once a year :0) now i love salad year round and cant get enough sea food and salad/raw veg, you just cant beat the flavour of nature at its purest :0)

hey andy just saw this, you've done fantastically well and ur acknowledging ur struggling and doing something about it hugs xx

omg.. you're making me want to eat them..!!! im gonna find out how to roast them now.. lol.. *googles*

and hello SB.. lol *waves*..

x x x

I bought some from an Asian shop actually! The dry roasted soya beans are really nice too and are sold at Tesco's near the nut section. :) The dry roasted chickpeas may be in the world food section.

And tastes may very well change after LL... I used to eat very bland food, no herbs, no spices (any spice KILLED me), and tomato sauces irritated me... Now I eat anything and everything (except celery, courgettes and aubergines :p) I am very much enjoying playing with curry powders of all hotnesses, chilli powders, tomatoes, and have a HUGE Spicerack to whip up new and exciting things! My mind buzzes with the possibilities. ... :D

Andy - I didn't think keeping a daily food diary would help before, but it really does. :) I find mine an extremely useful tool for me to know how I'm doing, so when you're ready, make a thread and fill it with your daily joys. It may make you experiment a little more with the choices that you do have. :) It really isn't all as limited as you think. :D *hug*!

Back