Struggling to drink water

Im really struggling to drink at least 4 pints of water now if it was lager no problems :) will it have a massive impact if i cant do at least 4 pints as this is only day 4 of doing this diet im worried about the water thing no matter what i do i just cant seem to manage all the water as i aint a big drinker anyway

I struggle too I must admit, try adding more water to your shakes, i use 450 to mine instead of 250, and drink coffee, all adds up x

I'm not a big water drinker either. It was not unheard of for me to get to 6pm and realise that I'd only had a single cup of coffee all day. Now, I fill a 1.5 litre jug up with water first thing in the morning, leave it in the kitchen with a glass next to it and every time I go into the kitchen I have some water. In the evenings I have a glass of water by me and sip it constantly. The other 0.5 litre is made up from drinking 3 cups of coffee during the day. Apparently, you need water to metabolise fat properly so the jug thing is a habit I intend to continue when I finish LT.

Yes, it's not easy getting all the water down. I'm drinking lots of hot peppermint tea, especially as I'm so cold. Keep drinking.

Thonrhill cate... i do exactly the same, have a large jug and fill it in the morning and know ive got to get through it and its not actually that much when you break it down. Its bascially 3 large glasses in the morning and 3 large glasses in the evening.
Although i try and finish the 2 litres by around 5pm and sip an additional glass between then and bedtime so im not up all night needing a wee :)

I'm was having trouble drinking the water too but I have developed a taste for sparkling water and just stick with that now. I deccant from a 2 litre bottle into 4 small ones and keep in the fridge. I also add about 250 mls of extra water to my shakes to make up my intake and since doing this my losses have improved. You just need to find your comfortable zone and it will become 2nd nature. good luck xx

I divide up what I need over the day. With my breakfast shake, I drink 2 pints of warm water - half tap water, half boiled water - much easier to drink first thing. That's 1 litre done.
I keep a pint glass on my desk and at times during the day, I go fill it and drink it - I can get through 3 or 4 of them now in the day - but the first day, it was a struggle to get through even 1.
I drink a little coffee and some peppermint tea - mostly to warm me! Drinking that much water makes me feel cold.
Then I try to drink 2 large herbal teas at night - in pint mugs.
At that stage I have defintely between 3 and 4 litres into me.
It takes building up to this, but now I'm thirsty if I don't drink this much!! After the first 3 or 4 days, the constant trips to the loo slow down a bit!
The first few days, I was literally counting the glasses to get me to 2 litres, but by doing that and keeping at it, it'll get a little more each day - I'm into week 4 now.

You will get used to the water and so will your bladder. The loo trips will settle down.
I keep 500 ml bottles everywhere! And refill from filter jugs, water fountains etc. I have 500 mls with my first shake, another 500 mls through the course of the morning, another between lunch and 5.00pm and then my last one in the evening. I have pretty much kept up the same habit since finishing TFR and it really does help keep the weight off.
So stick with it!

Back