Struggling to get back in to the swing.

Azeluk

Hey everyone,

I returned to slimming world after having some time off and after gaining 21lbs :-(, and I am really really struggling getting back in to the swing of things, tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'll be lucky to get a maintain, I'm so angry at myself and so nervous about my weigh in result, I can't help but feel like a failure.

Hi Azeluk, I see that you have been struggling for quite some time.
May I suggest that you start a diary so that you can get some proper support as flitting about on the forum doesn't lead to a constructive way to being able to help you.
You also don't give us any info of how much you weigh and all the other things ..not that we want to pry into your private life but it does help to know where you are coming from and what sort of problems you are having to deal with.
Looking forward to seeing you progress on this occasion...don't give up!

Azeluk said:
Hey everyone,

I returned to slimming world after having some time off and after gaining 21lbs :-(, and I am really really struggling getting back in to the swing of things, tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'll be lucky to get a maintain, I'm so angry at myself and so nervous about my weigh in result, I can't help but feel like a failure.

Hi azeluk. Sorry to hear that you're feeling down with it all and wondering why you're thinking you maintained? Are you doing extra easy? Lots of people feel that there is so much to eat and they think that it's impossible to lose eating so much. I know you've done SW before so you probably know what to expect but you might be surprised with yourself. Have you managed to be 100% this week? If you're struggling with what to eat maybe post some diaries and folk will give you pointers. The main thing is that if you haven't been 100% and you've written it all down you will know where you've gone wrong and you can start to focus on those bits. Are you eating the wrong things/wrong quantities/ etc? Or is your head just not letting you do it so that you are staying in this cycle of feeling bad about yourself? Have a think about why you're doing SW - do you want to be healthier/look better/feel more in control/all of the above/some other reasons? This time maybe try to do something different. If you have often started feeling like you are going to fail, try and start again tomorrow with a new attitude that you are going to succeed at something small. Give yourself a mini goal which will keep you motivated. Make sure you are eating all the superfree food that will help fill you and keep you on track.

Thinking that you are a failure will stop you from getting to where you want to be but starting to think that you could make some changes to get to where you want might mean you end up with some success. I was in your shoes and just thought that I had dieted so much over the years that I had ruined my metabolism and it would never work again. I started SW in June and was sceptical but something changed and I've stuck with it! If you had told me in June that I'd be where I am now I would never have believed you. The thing that really helped more than anything was this site. So keep coming back, it's a mine of information, mix up the plans to keep things interesting and when you're having a crappy day for whatever reason let us know cos there will always be someone around with a (cyber)hug. Keep at it and even if it hasn't gone to plan this week at least you can look back and think of what went wrong so you can make changes going forward. Let us know how it goes :)

Hey, thanks for the replies, the problem I'm having is saying NO when previously It was so easy for me, I'm doing things without even thinking, having the odd biscuit, packet of crisps etc but it's not just that I don't feel as disciplined as I did last time and it's upsetting me, and last week I defiantly was not 100% I had to eat out a couple of times, nothing horrific but I still feel disappointed in myself

Back