struggling to get back into the swing of things....

eilidhsmummy

hi

after being in london and being really good on the way down on a 9 hr bus journey, i just cant get my head into slimming world again and had the last few weeks of takeaways almost everynight!!! (hubby loves domino's on a tuesdday..)

i have had a deal with my hubby that if i can get down to 15st 5 by my daughters birthday (18th april) we will start trying for another child, although i really want another, i cant stick to the diet, i know that it works, done it before, so i can do it again, only prob is that after being away i am back up to 17st 1!

have been trying to get out walking the last few days, even bought a new buggy that is alot lighter for my 2yr old, and only taking her to soft play that i can go on with her, that way i can get exercise too...

bought the new just dance for the wii, plus wii fit plus, samba di migo and 2 other exercise games but cant find the time, or struggle to get my 2yr old to keep the house tidy enough so that anything can be done!

even if anybody lives in or near the G52 area, i would love to get out walking more and could do with the push during the day!

anybody else feeling the same way, or is it just me?????

laura x

((((hugs)))))

Things can be so hard with a toddler around can't they? I have a 23 month old and an 11 month old! I try to plan but the babies generally have other ideas :( Take each day as it comes, do one day 100%, once you've done that the next one will be easier!

My DS actually does wii fit with me :) He likes to run on the spot along side me and point at the little doggies he's sees. He does usually get bored after about 10 mins though.... There is a step program on that there called free step which you can do while watching (or your LO watches!) TV.... you can do anything from 10 mins to 30mins on that....

Good luck! I know how hard it can be to do ANYTHING when toddlers are involved!

I agree!
My Daughter also does the Wi fit with me otherwise I would never find the time! Lol
Walking is just as good an exercise as anything else Hun and just think both you and your Little one will benefit from the fresh air. Another thing to think about is swimming/ fun play in pool (Mum's and tots), its great for toning and you both get a bit of a work out...also even if you arent that confident in water there is never anything that you cant do.
xx

we do go swimming, got her into just arm bands, i have a discounted membership to the glasgow club, so only pay £1.60, will prob get there now with the new buggy, old one was too big, st the moment eilidh is still at the stage of demanading peppa pig! and livingroom looks lik,e a bomb went of in it, it doesnt last tidy for long....

1st slimming world friendly day i have had in ages, gold old baked potato with beans and dairylea for dinner, even cooked a double pot of minestrone soup to snack on for the next week if it lasts that long...

does anybody manage to do slimming world on benefits? how do you manage?

Stick to green/extra easy days and buy value/ basics everything!!!! Planning meals is key when you are on a budget, and also helps to you stick to plan. There have been a couple of threads on here recently about doing SW on a budget.

My living room looks like a bomb has hit it constantly - especially with two of them! When my youngest is having a daytime nap I just tend to shove the mess to one side and do the excersise - tidying up can wait! I usually do half an hour of free-stepping on the wii fit every day at 11am because that's when in the night garden is on! I plan it around the TV progs :) that way I am ready for lunch after too (and you burn more calories/ or burn them faster or something for a certain amount of time after excercising!)

Good luck!

I have 3 kids, but 2 are in school and 1 is with me at home (3 in July). Sometimes I just pump up the music and start dancing to get some exercise done and he jumps up and down as well and tries to copy. Dancing really is a good workout!
The takeaways have got to stop though if you want to lose weight. They are full of tons of fat and calories!! Maybe speak to your husband and let him know how important it is to you to lose the weight and have another child and how you need his full support. If he doesn't want to give up his Dominoes, then let him have it and just make yourself a healthier version :)
You can do it!

Back