Struggling to maintain motivation

waa13

I am struggling to maintain my motivation i always loose and then the following week i loose focus and cant seem to get back into it. Does anyone have any hints or tips that help them to keep on track and keep them from straying off of the path. I am going on holiday in June so need to try and focus my motivation. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I think most people feel like this some time or another.

First thing is, if you don't have it in the house, you can't eat it. Try not to buy things you know are going to tempt you. So if you do lose motivation, it's not too easy to go off plan.

I always find planning my weekly meals to be a good motivator, looking at new recipes to try, mixing up your meals instead of having the same things over and over, keeps food interesting and you'll be less likely to crave off plan foods.

I have a tumblr that helps keeps me motivated, I follow lots of weight loss blogs, or people who are v into health/fitness and just a scroll down my dashboard and that keeps me motivated! Lots of slimming world people on there too.

Try looking online at clothes you'd buy if you were slimmer, things you wouldn't wear now but you would love to. Thats usually a good reminder why you are doing it!!

I also find exercise really motivates me, because it's such hard work slogging 25st around at the gym, the last thing I want to do is waste it by having a creme egg haha. Plus it makes you feel great, fills you with endorphins, and gives you lots of energy! The last thing you want to do is spoil it. Maybe increasing your exercise levels would help.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head :) xx

I look at the inspirational photos thread here, or the success stories on the SW website, it reminds me that if such a variety of people with difference restrictions and circumstances can do it, then surely I can too.

I was 2 stone lighter in 2011 and have a load of clothes that are currently too small - I hung them all up on my curtain rail and took a photo before folding them all away in the drawer under my bed. There are some lovely clothes there, and when I get that 2 stone off again hopefully they will all fit. In the mean time I can look at the photo and anticipate how much fun it will be to get them all out and try them all on again :)

I also bought a really pretty size 14 summer dress which I'm hoping to fit into for a holiday we have booked to Spain in August - it hangs on the front of my wardrobe and gives my willpower a boost every time I walk into my bedroom :)

Just chatting to people on here helps massively too.

thankyou, i am really good when i am at home its when i am working that is the problem, as i look after children and i have to get them dinner when i take them out and they are all really fussy and will only eat burger kings and macdonalds and places like that and i find it difficult to not get anything for my dinner as it is the easy option because when i get home the last thing i want to do is cook.

Back