HexA Struggling! to make sure I get both Healthy extras

christine_1999_uk

Any advice because I am struggling to have HEA and HEB during the day

Love this board btw ;)

Christine x

It really depends on what you enjoy and what suits you.

For me, Bread is NOT my friend! :) so, I hardly ever have it, instead I use my HEB to make something with oats, usually Flapjacks, and my HEA is always cheese - which gives me a ton of flexibility, on salads, or in Tuna burgers.. or using cheese triangles to make a dressing for my salad.

It's worth noting that your HEA can be split, so if you drink tea/coffee and drink milk in it, have half in milk and the other half in cheese. (125ml semi skimmed milk, 15g full fat cheddar)

Hope this helps!

and a lot of other things too apparently :(:D:oops:

So just a quick update.

I invested in a small set of scales which not only weigh in grams but also mls. This means I can enjoy a glass of milk or cheese easily without a lot of flaff (I don't like the flaff lol :blahblah:

They were less than £6 delivered from Amazon and would highly recommend anyone doing slimming world purchase a set (I can weigh anything now!! :thankyouthankyou:

Thanks

Bowl of cereal. Gets both A & B.

I have a piece of toast in the morning for breakfast and then have cheese on my dinner later in the evening.

My consultant said you couldn't split your healthy extras because it would mess up the calculations eg 15g of cheese is not the same as 100ml of milk (or whayever it is). She said you should use the item with the most syns as your hex and then syn the lesser ones. I don 't know but there we go.

I struggle with hex as well particularly the dairy. I tend to have a hexb cereal with a dash of almond milk. I love cheese but cheese does not love me so I can't have that very often otherwise it would be my go to. I'm certain my dash of almond milk is not enough to meet the hexa though.

For a b I love warm tinned pears (in juice not syrup) with cinammon. Nuts are good too although I wouldn't want to eat those each day. Overnight oats (bllllghhhh!) meet b too. Cereal bars/hi fi bars are too close to sweets for me but some are b choices as well

My consultant said you couldn't split your healthy extras because it would mess up the calculations eg 15g of cheese is not the same as 100ml of milk (or whayever it is). She said you should use the item with the most syns as your hex and then syn the lesser ones. I don 't know but there we go.

It's interesting your consultant said that as we've been told we can split them, although if you see weight loss slowing then maybe go back to having either/or. I had a quick look on the SW website and someone has asked the same question, about using half a HEA for milk in tea and the other half as cheese. SW had the following response:-

"As long as you measure your amounts for the Healthy Extra's then this would be fine! For example, half of the cheese allowance and half of the milk allowance would be your Healthy Extra."

So it looks like SW is OK with splitting them but only if it works for you I suppose. I never seem to have that problem since I don't think I could go a day without a full HEA of cheese :D

Back