Struggling today....

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I'm on day 18 and been 100% on SS so far (with one SS+ day)...

Today I'm feeling rough, cold I've got a headache - I've already had 2 products and I just want a nice milky cup of tea.. I know I could so SS+ but the way I'm feeling at the moment think it will do more damage than good :(

if your body needs food (ss+ or 810 style) then maybe you should try and eat a bit. if you are rundown i would suggest that just sticking to the products may make you feel worse as there's no fuel in those packs to keep you warm! have a bit of chicken or make something a bit more substantial like a chicken omelette, chances are it'll perk you up a bit :) your losses are really good so far so even if you had a smaller loss this week, you will still get to goal soon. allowing yourself a little bit of food by doing SS+ or 810 for the day may help stop you from reaching for the comfort food we all crave when we're ill!! hope you feel better soon! x

Oh no!!! Like Lumpybumpy said it is worth trying to have a bit of food and see if it will help you feel better......they do say feed a cold!!!! (starve a feaver) Or even just a cup of tea.....its amazing how good a cup of tea can make you feel when you have a cold :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks guys, I'm on my way home from work now - I've resisted having anything so far so I'll have my tetra when I get in and hopefully I'll be ok?
If not I think I'll have some boiled eggs lol

Ok so I gave in and had 2 eggs :) they were lovely.. Going to have my hot chocolate tetra before bed.

Hi. I've been on CD about the same time and I'm bored rigid with soups, shakes and bars. So last night I had 2 boiled eggs, some tuna and a little bit of broccoli. I felt stuffed and really really enjoyed it I had my WI today and lost 2lb and I've just got right back on it today. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Day 19 - second day in a row and I'm struggling :(

Struggling again!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't know whats wrong with me.... I've just had some chicken pieces from M&S.

So it looks like I'll be having another SS+ day - I really don't want to get into the habit of turning to SS+ but I suppose its better then blowing the diet completely.
I'm not going to have the bars next week - I've been struggling since Sunday really and I don't know if its in my head but I got more drinks/meals from the tetras than I do the bars (although they are lovely)

Menu today -
B - Bar
L - Tetra
3pm - Chicken
D - Tetra

I need to get my head back into it :(

Last edited:
It sounds like you are really struggling but I totally agree with feeding your body when it obviously needs food. You are doing really well.
I have spent so many years not listening to my body and force feeding it food when it didn't need it that I am going to try to have some respect for my body this time and try to listen to what it needs by going up the stages of the CD slowly so I can 'tune in'
:)
I wish you well on your journey and be good to yourself, you deserve it :D

hi foo fan, im on day 13 + im really struggling today too :( don't know why but just feel really fed up today with the diet! up until now ive been feeling really positive. Maybe the novelty of the diet has worn off + its finally hit me how long i will not be able to eat normal food for. I dont crave anything major.. just some beans on toast or a sandwhich would be nice lol i really miss healthy food too.. I was eating really healty for a month up to the diet + did loose weight but i just wanted it to be quicker.. + u cant get quicker than CD lol i have my weigh in tommorrow + very much doubt ive lost much :( thats whats getting me down too (been doing ss+ this last week!) anyways ((hugs)) i know how u feel hun! stick with ss+ food + u cant go wrong xxx

Know how u both feel totally feel down and I'm on day 13 too! Just hoping that it will go xx

Thinking about a Ss meal x

aww missiecb maybe its just a day 13 thing then? lets hope so! im def not as excited about this weigh in than the 1st.. been weighing every morning (i know i shouldnt!!!) + scales are just not moving :( makes me think whats the point? but then i snap myself out of it, i know this is really good for me + it will allow me to get to my goal weight eventually so i just need to bare with it. Just dont think itl be as quick as others. From fri i am just going to weigh myself once a week (maybe even once every 2 weeks just so i dont get 2 obsessed with the scales + disheartend)
Was thinking today how expensive the products are (im a student + skint) + i only ever have tetras + bars... + was thinking of sampling some Slim + save meals? its alot cheaper.. i havent even tried CD's porridge yet is it nice? Anyways i DEF reccomend a SS+ meal when you feel like this, i just had 1 + feel loadssss better. Makes u feel less sorry for yourself haha x

I'm in week 13, done ss the whole way apart from the required 810 wk & am hacked off with it. Today it just feels hard & I have to move up to 1000 plan for medical reasons in 2 wks. I still have 4 stone to lose which will now realistically take me til at least Christmas. For some reason the warm weather has annoyed me & made me feel even more deprived.

I wouldn't worry about ss+, some people lose the same or more & if it keeps you on track it's fine. It's not cheating!

Annie- your losses are amazing + wow 13 weeks :O you must be sooo strong + determined!!! Im fed up on day13 never mind week 13 haha but i guess we all have good days + bad days on this diet + we just need to accept it for what it is + hope a good day follows. Aslong as we all stay on track then things can only get better once the weight falls off right? i agree regarding the weather noticed alot of people having nice treats at uni, but being in smaller nice summer clothes will feel alot better i bet! anyways hope we all have a better day tommorrow. Foo fan- you feeling any better today regarding the cold? x

Must have been something in the air yesterday lol.. I'm hoping for an SS day today but not going to stress if I need something extra as I'm still feeling rough :(

Back