Struggling with Clothes

misspaf

Right so I was a Size 18 or so, and all my clothes were either 16-18 or jeans size 20. Now I've lost weight, I can't wear my jeans anymore cos they don't fit properly now but can't afford to buy new ones.

Have been living in leggings and jeggings the past few weeks with some baggy teeshirts. I'm gutted cos I tried on a dress that I bought for my 21st last year which is gorgeous, was a size 18 but tried it on and it doesn't fit me anymore, is not as snug and figure hugging.

I'm worried also about my figure. I use to have a really curvy figure but now getting a bit too straight! :(

Anyone else having similar worries and problems?

:( I feel your pain. I have two gorgeous dresses hanging up, neither of which fit like they used to anymore, and I cannot get hold of another one in a size down.

I wouldn't worry too much about your figure. Once you are where you want to be, it should all even out. Perhaps you are losing more from certain areas than others at the moment, making you feel a bit 'straight'. And even if you do change shape, you can embrace the new you! :)

hey there, do ye know any good seamstress that cud take in yer clothes for ye, give them new life?shame not to get more wear out of the dresses ye love ;)

Sadly, no :( One of which isn't worth taking in really, as everything would need doing on it and it wasn't expensive. And the other, I fear the shape would be lost, but once I am at target I will seriously consider it!

Hey I usually find that the best place for alternations is one of the smaller independent dry-cleaners. They don't usually officially offer it but IMO they usually know someone / have a family friend who will be able to do it at home - normally reasonably priced.

I do this a lot as I have a pretty wide back which is completely disproportionate to my waist so get some stuff adjusted.

I've not actually worked out WHERE I am losing from yet! I have thigh issues, as in they are thunder! So teeny bit jealous of you :D

I swear I have lost nothing from my hip area....

Right so I was a Size 18 or so, and all my clothes were either 16-18 or jeans size 20. Now I've lost weight, I can't wear my jeans anymore cos they don't fit properly now but can't afford to buy new ones.

Have been living in leggings and jeggings the past few weeks with some baggy teeshirts. I'm gutted cos I tried on a dress that I bought for my 21st last year which is gorgeous, was a size 18 but tried it on and it doesn't fit me anymore, is not as snug and figure hugging.

I'm worried also about my figure. I use to have a really curvy figure but now getting a bit too straight! :(

Anyone else having similar worries and problems?

Ideally we all want the fat to go from our hips and thighs but sadly that doesn't happen.
Once you reach your target, why not go to one of your local dry cleaners, usually they have in house taylor to take your dresses in. I wouldn't worry about your figure at this stage, you will be able to tone up by going to gym or simply taking up walking.
I've a similar problem in that I was size 18 bordering on to 20, some of my clothes are new. I am going to throw most of them out as I don't ever want to be size 18-20 again.:D

May i ask where you live? If you live in an asian populated area, go to one of the tailors there- they will definately do it cheaper.

I've not actually worked out WHERE I am losing from yet! I have thigh issues, as in they are thunder! So teeny bit jealous of you :D

I swear I have lost nothing from my hip area....

Oh I have thunder thighs still! Just not as big! Can't show bare legs without having tights or leggings!

One thing that's kind of good though, is that my holiday clothes from 4 years ago now fit me better than they did at the time. Pity they are all out of fashion!

May i ask where you live? If you live in an asian populated area, go to one of the tailors there- they will definately do it cheaper.

I live in Dublin. I think I'll wait til I'm at a better size so that I won't have to get it altered again.

One thing which was funny that 2 years ago I went to wedding and bought a Size 16 dress from Miss Selfridge, but it was too small so I got it altered to 18-20, tried it on and it now needs to be re-altered back to the orginal size which it can easily be done as it was only an extension to the back so it could zip up.

I so know this one. Have been on the verge of tears for the last 2 hours through sheer frustration. Nothing fits me anymore except 2 tops - one of which spilt something on early. Am at a bday party tonight & am wearing a top that i usually wear to work. Hubby has been no help either- said 'isn't your clothes not fitting the whole point of this diet?' lost it! Shouted at him that no it wasn't the sodding point and that even if it was it didn't change the fact that NOTHING FITS ME ANYMORE!!'

Glad i saved some Syns for drink tonight

I have just given 3 large bags to my neice as my clothes don't fit. They were so baggy I looked like a bag lady and didn't feel comfy at work plus the fact the trousers kept falling down so 90% of my wardrobe gone.

I now have 2 pairs of work trousers, 3 skirts, 2 blouses, 4 dresses (new) and a few tshirts. Plus my new motorbike jeans, but can't wear them as normal jeans as too heavy (they have kevlar in them). As I need to look smart for work I'm having trouble.

I had to do it as I just kept on wearing them all and people wear making comments about the way I looked.
I have now been shopping in charity shops for smaller sizes and a few bits from cheaper ranges, although I did buy a nice top from M&S in a size 16, (was a 22). New wardrobe to be brought before returning to work for a new term in September.

If any of you go to classes you could start up a swap-shop or similar as many of you will be in the same boat!
or if you think that someone who started off a bit smaller than you might be too small for their bigger clothes you could have a quiet word, and offer them a few quid for some key things especially if you have similar taste!

We're doing this at group but most of the women in my group are either alot older than me, alot bigger than me, or alot slimmer!!

Been helping out in the RSPCA charity shop and they have some great stuff donated,lots of it new and unworn, if it is bad we give it to the rag man.

Had loads of clothes in yesterday I wished fitted me but alas they were for a six foot woman 12/14, even so it is worth getting some stuff from charity shops whilst you are inbetween.

Back