Struggling with sooo much water

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by bumpybean88, 11 April 2007 Social URL.

1. bumpybean88

bumpybean88 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Die
    Hi, I am now on week 4 and I am really struggling with drinking the 4 litres.I have been really busy with it being half term and with the kids being home,at the end of the day I realise that I have only drunk 1-2 litres.Last week I was lucky enough to lose 5lb with only drinking the 1-2 litres, I feel ok in myself, my main worry is that Im failing.:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Samantha

Samantha Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Did you get the flavours to add to the water? I know they are an added expense but it does help the water go down easier.

4. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You are NOT failing if you you don't make the 4 litres, but do try to get as close as possible. It does seem to help the wieght loss, plus your body actually does need that water-remember a lot of it is what you would have had anyway contained within food.

Try the water flavourings, and try non-caffeine tea too- I know the 4 litres is supposed to be in addition to tea and coffee, but I drink about 6 more mugs of tea a day than I did before- white tea which is low caffeine or green tea very low caffeine- its basically flavoured hot water.

Also set yourself targets for the day that space the water out perhaps use a half litre bottle and aim for one of those per hour.

But above all, if you fall short don't beat yourself up!!
    Kx

5. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    PS Bumpybean- look at your losses you flamin nutter- how can you feel you are failing!! You have lost loads more than I did at the same stage- you are SUCCEEDING big time!
    Kx

6. Tiger Girl

Tiger Girl Full Member

I find it easier to drink out of a litre bottle. Although if I'm a bit low, I start on the 500mls bottles as this seems to go down in one!
    I've discovered sparkling water and the water flavours this week - really good!
    Some people swear by drinking it from a really lovely glass!
    Or, how about targeting a few hours when you know that you can easily get to the loo and just going for it. I've found this really helps
    :D

7. tenney73

tenney73 Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life. In the past have tried everything from weightwatchers to rosemary conley
    I never thought I would be able to drink so much water but now I am drinking about 6 lires a day. I use the flavourings sparingly(cos of expense) and usually as a treat to me on a night but during the day I have just got into the pattern of drinking a bottle an hour and feel abit empty when I don't get it. Although it is a struggle when you are out and about and don't always get access to water or a nearby loo!
    But it's great that you are losing alot with drinking the minimum water, that in itself would spur me on.

8. bumpybean88

bumpybean88 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Die
    Thanks everyone for replying, Im going to try some of your tips and hopefully it will get easier, I do have the water flavouring, fruits of the forest and add only a small amount as it can quite strong.I dont want to end up fainting, from not having enough water:eek:

9. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Bumpy just try and keep a bottle with you at all times - you'll find that it does go down then a lot quicker than you might think.

Cath

10. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I use a 500ml bottle and just top it up each time its empty. I find I can drink it in one go, and its not too much effort.

I must be honest , I do miss the water when I dont have enough. I get headaches mainly, which are not fun at all!

Keep trying, it really is worth it!

11. Incywincy

Incywincy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I also struggle with the water, although it is easier now with the water flavourings, however I had a bad weekend and barely drunk at all, and since then, I have lost barely anything at all. So I have to really push the amount of water that is taken to try and do my 4 litres and more.

On a normal day I put my 2 x 2litre bottles on the side in work and methodically drink it and take the remainder home with me. If I had to rely on tap water, I would lose count.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.