struggling

Thaper

:sigh:Hi I've just started the cambridge diet on Monday this is my 6th day & i'm struggling. I'm feeling quite poorly today, head ace, feverish, achy body, etc.
I want to continue but its getting to me, I need food.

Hiya

What diet are you on? SS , SS+ ?

Debs

Yeh it is SS, you should really have been seeing ketosis kicking in by now, are you managing to drink enough fluids?

When is your first weigh in?

Debs x

Everyone struggles with this diet at some point whatever the stage you are on.. think about the reasons why you are doing it and why you want to lose weight.. If you still feel like your really cant cope, try not to have a blow out on stuff that your not allowed as it will only make you feel sickly and bloated (trust me I know)

Why not step up to SS+ so its not as much as a shock to your system, and you will also stay in ketosis? Just a thought hun... only you can decide whats best for you.. good luck

Debs x

Have a look at what you're allowed on ss+ and eat that if you REALLY can't cope... 2 boiled eggs would be ok and it's nice and quick - but up to you chick x

I would recommend doing one full week of SS before stepping up and talk to your CWPC first. Week 1 is super tough and you can feel really rough during the first 10 days, feverish is a worry though. Take a paracetemol (if you usually take a paracetemol, that is) and drink plenty of tea and water. I almost fainted crossing the road in front of St Pauls on day 3 of my first time round so yeah - it's not all plain sailing.

I am on day 7 and achy too. Nots sure of its due to going swimming yesterday though. Have a hot bath and take paracetamol. I am taking extra vit c tablets and echinacea also. Not sure if your meant to but I dont really care if your not as I want to ensure i stay well on this diet. I know its has recommended vits etc but I am being cautious!
Hope you feel better soon x

Not feeling too bad now, however its my birthday and really wanted to go out for a family meal. Since decided against it kept myself busy until now. Just hand a shake and feel really tired and still quite achy.

Ohh, happy birthday Thaper, sorry it hasn't been a better one for you. Well done for sticking out SS, it will be worth it.

C x

Went to see consultant today lost 6lbs in the first week. Feel really good about myself. Just a bit concerned she said that the weight can take slower to come off as you continue the ss.Has anyone else had that problem. I was hoping to continue with the 6lbs a week sounds good.:flirt2:

The losses will be less when you have less to lose hun, plus a lot of week 1 is water

Hi, hows it been for you, have you had ur struggles were you just want food.

Hiya chick, yes - loads of times!! Last week was my TOTM and I was craving ham sandwiches with crisps in them (which I normally wouldn't even eat!!) and last night and today I've been drooling over roast potatoes!! I'd be lying if I said it was easy, but weirdly it does get easier. The looser my jeans are getting (regardless of what the scales tell me) and the more clothes that fit me (you know the ones that you buy and think, "Oh it's not far off, I'll lose a bit and then wear it" - the ones that sit in the cupboard for months on years...!!) Well they're starting to fit - and I haven't even reached goal yet!! When I do think of food I have water/my shake/coke zero or find something else to do x

I thought you couldnt have any diet coke or other fizzy. My consultant said to stay on plain water. I have a really bad craving of just biting into a big fat burger. I just need food at the moment. I do hope it gets easier

Hi Thaper, the official line is no fizzy unless it is fizzy water (but not soda water, as that has salt) as it can make you hungry. However, lots of people on the forum seem to drink it without any problems. I stick to fizzy water.

C x

Oh I didnt realise I've been craving diet coke, a just thought that we couldnt but if is doesnt seem to do much then maybe have some later. Been starving today just polished 6 strawberries and a satsuma.
I dont really feel guilty as I've only had the ss soup today at lunchtime, so I feel I've justified myself.

Thaper said:
Oh I didnt realise I've been craving diet coke, a just thought that we couldnt but if is doesnt seem to do much then maybe have some later. Been starving today just polished 6 strawberries and a satsuma.
I dont really feel guilty as I've only had the ss soup today at lunchtime, so I feel I've justified myself.

Protein is better if u feel u need to eat hun. Citric acid will knock u out of ketosis and make u hungry again.

Hiya thanks for that tip I didnt realise that citrus can, I better make sure that doesnt happen again. I need to be really strict as I have my 2nd weighing on Monday and am determined to lose another 6lbs. Yet I know it aint easy but I'm thinking postive it will happen. How you getting on?

Back