Struggling..

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
well suprise suprise as usual im struggling:break_diet:i really dont know what is wrong with me lately i have been attending now for over 8 weeks and iv a measly 1.5lb off :confused: i now there is no1 to blame but myself, iv a habit of talking myself out of things and sayin how i dont need to do sw i can do it myself but in fact i cant! i really need to get that way of thinkin out of my head as i am so unhappy with my weight but yet im doin nothin to help myself! so what im tryin to say is can any1 help me break this cycle? as i know myself that i want to do this and i can but i just need to break this vicious circle :cry:

I know exactly how you feel :(. I was doing WW but as soon as I stopped going to the meetings it all went down hill and I put everything lost back on and then some!

Maybe you need to try a different approach? I think the key is getting a diet that works for you that you find easy to stick to so it keeps you in the right frame of mind, which is really important to keep you going! Thats why I changed to cambridge, theres no food and no temptation to over indulge, but it isnt for everyone!

Don't be too hard on yourself you will get there eventually :)

Good luck x

I know exactly how you feel :(. I was doing WW but as soon as I stopped going to the meetings it all went down hill and I put everything lost back on and then some!

Maybe you need to try a different approach? I think the key is getting a diet that works for you that you find easy to stick to so it keeps you in the right frame of mind, which is really important to keep you going! Thats why I changed to cambridge, theres no food and no temptation to over indulge, but it isnt for everyone!

Don't be too hard on yourself you will get there eventually :)

Good luck x

Thanks for your reply, you see I love sw and I no it works but I just always talk myself out of everythin and I know I need to stop it! I tried Cambridge and failed miserably as I cant cope with the concept of no food its not good lol xx

Lol yeah alot of people don't like it! Works for me cos its fast and keeps me motivated.

I loved WW and it did work when I could be bothered to count the points etc lol.

Maybe give yourself a break over Xmas then start again? It'll be hard now with so much temptation around!

yeah see i liked ww too but hated countin everythin lol yeah im tempted to do that and just start afresh in new year..im still goin to class but not gettn anywhere :/

Dieting is a mindset. I have always been the one to talk myself out of sticking to plans and give up when the going gets tough, but now inbetween falling off the wagon the gaps ate smaller and I ask myself do I want this junk food or do I want to get healthier! I find I have to be very concious of what I do and it takes energy and time. In my experience all plans work, I've done them all! The thing that makes them work is me and my mindset! I love sw and it was the diet I always went back to, I am treating it as a food plan for life not a diet and that's what made the mindset easier. Are you prepared to stick to counting points or calories after you hit goal? I know I wouldn't want to - but basing my cooking around free healthy foods and learning to eat until satisfied I can do that!

Be nice to yourself hun, i make loads if mistakes but I try and get back on plan asap. Enjoy Christmas I know I will! And when you are ready commit to yourself and you will reach goal eventually and it doesn't matter how long it takes. We are all here to support you :) x

Do you still fill out food diaries?
If not, that might be a good place to start :)

mmmm not really i think u might be right :)

Dieting is a mindset. I have always been the one to talk myself out of sticking to plans and give up when the going gets tough, but now inbetween falling off the wagon the gaps ate smaller and I ask myself do I want this junk food or do I want to get healthier! I find I have to be very concious of what I do and it takes energy and time. In my experience all plans work, I've done them all! The thing that makes them work is me and my mindset! I love sw and it was the diet I always went back to, I am treating it as a food plan for life not a diet and that's what made the mindset easier. Are you prepared to stick to counting points or calories after you hit goal? I know I wouldn't want to - but basing my cooking around free healthy foods and learning to eat until satisfied I can do that!

Be nice to yourself hun, i make loads if mistakes but I try and get back on plan asap. Enjoy Christmas I know I will! And when you are ready commit to yourself and you will reach goal eventually and it doesn't matter how long it takes. We are all here to support you :) x

That is totally true, its definitely a matter of do I really need this or not! Uv definitely hit the nail on the head and im glad im not the only one to feel like this, I also need to learn that if I have a blip or fall of the wagon its not end of world and it’s a matter of gettn straight back on plan again.. im exactly same as u I have been doin sw on and off for 5yrs along with other diets and it’s the one I always come back to as well… I def don’t want to point things or calories it gives me a headache thinkn about it lol! And I need to tell myself its not a diet it’s a lifestyle change and that things happen in life and I cannot be 100% all of the time as im only human!

Thank u so much u have really helped me, im goin to try and get back on plan 2mro again and if iv a few blips so what it’s a hard time of year! And I know I can commit fully in January :D xxx

why not start a weight loss diary on here, that way you can voice your feelings as well which might help you identify your tough times and people can help you with advice ot encouragement

well done for not falling into the 'I'll start again in the new year' trap, imagine how much you could put on in the next few weeks, at least if you're sticking to plan as much as you feel you can then you'll probably stay the same over the festive period.

do you have a goal for why you want to lose weight? sometimes that helps, I wanted to lose weight for my wedding in June and 40th birthday in sept, which I did really well at, but since sept because I feel happier in my skin and look fab (even if I do say so myself lol) I have stayed the same, great if I was at target but I still want another half stone off.

But over the festive period if I stay the same I will be happy then a kick up the proverbial for first group in Jan.

Good luck, keep going xx

I rejoined SW this week because I'd actually turned to a life of takeaways for everymeal and I felt ILL

It was hard but I have chosed recipes and meals that i didn't choose last time. I imagine myself being 100% all day before I even get out of bed.

This week has been tough but I am so proud of myself. I have cooked big meals and frozen them. I have thought ahead when it comes to meals out and planned my meals ahead of time. I think if you try new recipes do different workouts force yourself to imagine yourself being self controlled you will train yourself to think differently.

Don't use Christmas to go crazy use it as a time to wind down the damage and to start preparing your body for the new year where you plan to SUCCEED

yeah I think that’s a good idea, I don’t have access to internet at home as laptop is broke but I can get on in work..
yep that’s what im thinkin if I jack it in now il have at least a stone on!so gona try stick to it as best I can from 2mro..
I do have a goal, I would ideally like 2st off for my holiday in may as I don’t want to feel the way I did this year on hol L
Well done on ur loss uv done fab and thank u so much for the encouragement xxx

why not start a weight loss diary on here, that way you can voice your feelings as well which might help you identify your tough times and people can help you with advice ot encouragement

well done for not falling into the 'I'll start again in the new year' trap, imagine how much you could put on in the next few weeks, at least if you're sticking to plan as much as you feel you can then you'll probably stay the same over the festive period.

do you have a goal for why you want to lose weight? sometimes that helps, I wanted to lose weight for my wedding in June and 40th birthday in sept, which I did really well at, but since sept because I feel happier in my skin and look fab (even if I do say so myself lol) I have stayed the same, great if I was at target but I still want another half stone off.

But over the festive period if I stay the same I will be happy then a kick up the proverbial for first group in Jan.

Good luck, keep going xx

yeah I think that’s a good idea, I don’t have access to internet at home as laptop is broke but I can get on in work..
yep that’s what im thinkin if I jack it in now il have at least a stone on!so gona try stick to it as best I can from 2mro..
I do have a goal, I would ideally like 2st off for my holiday in may as I don’t want to feel the way I did this year on hol L
Well done on ur loss uv done fab and thank u so much for the encouragement xxx

I rejoined SW this week because I'd actually turned to a life of takeaways for everymeal and I felt ILL

It was hard but I have chosed recipes and meals that i didn't choose last time. I imagine myself being 100% all day before I even get out of bed.

This week has been tough but I am so proud of myself. I have cooked big meals and frozen them. I have thought ahead when it comes to meals out and planned my meals ahead of time. I think if you try new recipes do different workouts force yourself to imagine yourself being self controlled you will train yourself to think differently.

Don't use Christmas to go crazy use it as a time to wind down the damage and to start preparing your body for the new year where you plan to SUCCEED

thank u so much thats a great idea :D

Good luck curvygirl you will do just fine I'm sure! X

Back