Struggling

Em_Butterfly

Silver Member
Hi all

I have had two strawberry shakes, half a curry soup and half a chocolate shake today (because I can't get it to dissolve!) I literally had to force all that down. Does the taste grow on you? I've done Cambridge and actually quite liked the taste of the tetra packs and bars : ( I'm seriously not sure if I can carry on because the taste is do bad. Really wanted to do it : (

Hi Em_Butterfly,
I had the same problem but I nowu se a Philips hand held blender which takes out all lumps, even with the chocolate.
My local Asda seemed to have an offer on so maybe yours does to.

Thank you goaltobeslim, did you find you enjoyed the taste more?

Em

The lumps made me gag and I really wondered if I could do it, but a decent blender will really help and now I like the flavours. Some I still can't stand but everyone is different.

Good luck, it's worth it in the end!

And LLC told us they are supposed to be improving the choc shake at long last. So stick with it.

are you putting the powder into the water or the other way around? Put the water in first and then the powder and give it a really big shake and there shouldn't be any lumps. I don't use a blender and never have any lumps. You'll get the hang of mixing them and soon get used to them!

I make my shakes using a good electric blender, one which crushes ice. I put in around 10 cubes of ice, around 250 ml of water then the powder. I blend it for ages and the result is a really thick and delicious shake. My favourites are strawberry and vanilla. Use extra water in a shake if the taste is too sweet/strong.

I always drink the shakes with a straw from a large glass. I don't know why but it makes it much easier to drink. I never have them hot as I found it disgusting and too sweet/sickly

I hate the curry soup and never have it. With the soups I tend to make them up in a cup with less water so they taste stronger.

The porridge should be blended just before you put it in the microwave. Sometimes I crumble up a third of a nut bar and add it to the porridge or blend in some chocolate shake.

You will learn to like it. promise...

Thank you do much for all the advice, I really appreciate it as it's been getting me down. I'm going to use my blender and have a vanilla shake in a minute so I'll let you know what that's like!

I've got a splitting headache and bad breath, I think I might already be in ketosis. I hope to get the energetic high tomorrow as I've been good for nothing today!

Em

Back