STS HELP!!!!!

EmmaLou

Hi all,
This is my 2nd WI and I have STS :-( I have stuck to the plan 100%.

Any Advice?

Is it * week for you at all? Have you been drinking water? Have you done a food diary for us to look at? Might just be your body getting used to things and you will see a good loss next week x

You had a fantastic first week loss... I think that your body has just had a massive shock to it's system and is just re-balancing itself.

Lots of people who have a great first week loss find that the second weigh in is disappointing in comparison, however, it soon gets back to a normal weight loss routine.

My body went into shock in the FIRST week and gave me a 1 lb GAIN, however I stuck to plan and got a 5 lb LOSS in my second week.... but then again, my body always has been contrary!!!!

To answer your first question, I am 10 day late for my * so not sure if that affecting my WI.

Last week I has free veg soup for lunch everyday with 2 slice of WW brown bread.
I has porridge for breakfast with banana and a Acitvia Fat Free yoghurt.

Dinner I had....

Homemade Lamb kebabs with Salad
Salmon and Veg
Chicken Breast and Salad
Pork Stir Fry without Noodles
Mussel and Prawns in a tomato sauce made with passatta.
Steak and salad
Omelette and Salad

Snacks
Special k bar (4 syns)
Skinny latte (6syns)
Snack a jacks - 2
fruit

This was over the week
I have drunk at least 2 litres of water everyday

I'm sorry that my ticker hasn't been changed, that is an old one from when I was on a meal replacement diet.
I lost 3lb last week x

If you are expecting your * and gain say 1-2lb of water around then, but have also lost 1-2lbs in weight, the scales don't know the difference and will tell you you have sts. You may have done nothing wrong. You might get a good loss next week when you lose the water again.

I also think that sometimes you can get a "false low" as well as a false high. Events conspire to show a really good weight loss, but then the next day you can have gone up again (I know this is true because I am a sneaky peeker).

There are all sorts of things that effect your weight in the short term but as long as the trend is in the right direction over time, that's the main thing.

your 10 days late for your * ur not pregnant are you? your body may just retaining water and maybe your not eating enough snack more on fruit and veg, dont feel guilty to eat! im sure next week will give you the result u want, stick at it! xx

I wonder if you're not eating enough? Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need to keep cutting back to lose the weight - you have a reasonable amount to lose, so you might need to be eating a bit more. Have snacks mid morning and mid afternoon to keep your metabolism going. I also note that you are avoiding carbs in most of your dinners - try adding some. On average I guess you are eating less than 1000 cals a day, which just isn't enough.

Eat more, lose more weight!!

nattynoo22 said:
your 10 days late for your * ur not pregnant are you? your body may just retaining water and maybe your not eating enough snack more on fruit and veg, dont feel guilty to eat! im sure next week will give you the result u want, stick at it! xx

Well..... To cut a long story short!! This happened to me in Nov and I was pregnant but after 2weeks from finding out I had a miscarriage. The thing is I have a coil fitted and was not planning on having any more babies. So dr said everything is ok, coil still in the right place etc...... But now I am 10 days late. I have just done a test and it cone up positive!!!! (shock) so now don't know what to do!! I still have my coil in. So I may just wait a few weeks and see what happens.

Yeah I have cut Carbs out of an evening. I am filling my self up. I'm not hungry at all. But am having some choc cravings this week x

EmmaLou said:
Well..... To cut a long story short!! This happened to me in Nov and I was pregnant but after 2weeks from finding out I had a miscarriage. The thing is I have a coil fitted and was not planning on having any more babies. So dr said everything is ok, coil still in the right place etc...... But now I am 10 days late. I have just done a test and it cone up positive!!!! (shock) so now don't know what to do!! I still have my coil in. So I may just wait a few weeks and see what happens.

Not wanting to throw a spanner in, and I know the coil has come a long way in the last few years but...........

I'm a coil baby.

Either way huge hugs. Try not to worry about the STS, it could be any number of things.

Wicca303 said:
Not wanting to throw a spanner in, and I know the coil has come a long way in the last few years but...........

I'm a coil baby.

Either way huge hugs. Try not to worry about the STS, it could be any number of things.

Lol thanks for the hugs. Thing is I'm not sure I want any more children. I've got 2 girls 9yrs and 6yrs ( on 24th) I've got my life back and we only have a 2 bedroom flat. So many thoughts going around in my head!! Is it meant to be?? Have I got the patients?? Do we have the money?? Etc etc
Thanks for listening to me waffle on!! X

Looks to me as though you're not having enough syns. Definitely need to have at least 5 a day. I struggled at the beginning to use my syns if I didn't have a glass of wine lol! Now I tend to have things like olive oil or an extra HEB or HEA.

Denise

Thank you I will aim to have more syns x

which days are you doing? you say you're having bread and porridge - both healthy b's or one synned, and what are your a's?

Gosh - two conversations going on now...

Re the weight - just because you're nor hungry it (oddly) still doesn't mean you are eating enough. You can eat 1000 cals a day and feel full if it is all good low cal foods, but it doesn't mean your body has enough to live on.

Re the pregnancy - congrats, I am sure you will work things out!

peachy7 said:
which days are you doing? you say you're having bread and porridge - both healthy b's or one synned, and what are your a's?

I've been doing Original days

oh wow well thats a dilemma and a half maybe it is meant to be if its fought past your coil! maybe this is whats affecting your weight loss your body just may not know what the hells going on! either that or eat more speed and super foods! xx

Well that would certainly explain your STS!!!

I wouldnt wait a few weeks before you go and see your GP though, you need to find out if anything needs to happen with your coil.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Back