stuck in a food rut!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
okay, im doing food list for shopping tomorrow eve.

i want to try lots of different things, or even old faves iv forgotten about.... right now i think iv eaten chilli and curry for the last 3 months LOL. i do love chilli.. ho hum.

help!

chicken wrapped in bacon
homemade burgers
potato wedges with egg fried in frylight and beans

stir fry
lamb shanks
tuna mayo

sw chips!!!

pork wrapped in parma ham - dead easy to make and delish!!!

Home made dal
Stuffed peppers with couscous
Couscous with roasted veg
Risotto
Pasta bakes
Stew
Soups
Roast butternut squash
Spag Bol - classic but has to be said :D

Hope these are some new ideas for you.

Spagetti and meatballs

Homemade burgers with bacon, low fat cheese & pineapple served with SW chips, corn on the cob & salad (yes I really can eat all that in one sitting)

Beef Stew in the slow cooker (a cold weather fave in my house)

There was a chicken pie in last months mag that was delish

I made a chicken Biriyani using a low syn scwartz packet mix and that was easy & gorgeous, only 3.5 for whole packet (that serves 4 - or 2 if your a greedy guts like me)

In fact some of their packet mixes like the Chicken Chasseur are only 6 syns, which between 2 and served with syn free roasties and veg is hardly anything

Brit mums spagetti carbonara (delish!)

Also on the topic of brit mum, her lemon chilli chicken is delish, I serve it with egg fried rice and corgette strips fried in fry light. Yum!

xx

I find that I'm having more or less the same every week so I need to change as well. We normally have:

Salmon done in the oven with lemon served with roasted veg & potatoes.
Chicken stir fry with homemade sauce
Chicken in passata - carton of passata, oregano, basil, bay leaves, few chilli flakes & I normally put in orange pepper, garlic, onions, spring onions & very thin carrots & serve with pasta.
Chicken curry - chicken, garlic, tumeric, onions & 2 of the cajun schwartz shotz sachets & a tin of tomatoes & serve with rice.
Chilli & rice.
Spag bol & pasta.

Hope you get some new ideas xx

No specific meals to suggest, but why not try a speed food challenge ? This will help you get inventive and get some more variety into your meals :) Just challenge yourself to eat a certain number of speed/super-speed foods in a week :)

Back