Stuck in a rut!

kaynnate19

Hi,

I haven't posted here for a while, basically I've been yo yo dieting since around winter 2010 and have signed and re signed up for ww more times than I care to remember and I'm still in the same place as I was in 2010. I'm an emotional eater and just when I think I'm doing ok everything goes wrong :( and recently I can't seem to get even 1 good day. I have a few health problems (pcos, metabolic syndrome, endometriosis and back problems) (sorry fir the list)that makes it harder for me to loose weight and I'm on medication that also makes it hard. I know it's not just my health probs and meds, it's me too. I'm also going on holiday in August and I want to loose a stone or almost a stone and to look reasonably good in my bikini and to drop a dress size would also be nice. I am active too.

Please help,

Thanks for reading.

Hi, I can relate to the yo yo dieting and the PCOS !!!
I was told its a vicious cycle as PCOS makes losing weight harder but if I lose the weight the symptoms will improve.
You need to be in the right mind set, write the reasons why you want to loose weight, try to avoid putting obstacles in the way. I went to drastic measures in April and kick started my diet with a TFR diet, I even missed celebrating my birthday !
Try not let you emotions reflect your eating , I know play netball to relieve my stress and walk the dog.
Instead of going to the cupboards or fridge have a soak in the bath or paint your nails, reward your success.
This forum is great too.
Good luck xx

Hi,

I haven't posted here for a while, basically I've been yo yo dieting since around winter 2010 and have signed and re signed up for ww more times than I care to remember and I'm still in the same place as I was in 2010. I'm an emotional eater and just when I think I'm doing ok everything goes wrong :( and recently I can't seem to get even 1 good day. I have a few health problems (pcos, metabolic syndrome, endometriosis and back problems) (sorry fir the list)that makes it harder for me to loose weight and I'm on medication that also makes it hard. I know it's not just my health probs and meds, it's me too. I'm also going on holiday in August and I want to loose a stone or almost a stone and to look reasonably good in my bikini and to drop a dress size would also be nice. I am active too.

Please help,

Thanks for reading.

Hello Sweetie,

You have made the first step to change this time by writing on here and asking for help! I too have medical problems which make losing weight very hard but last Friday I decided that enough was enough, I faced the scales, restarted on WW Propoints and lost 3lb at 1st WI yesterday! Yes I stuck to my 26pp as I would only be cheating myself if I cheated, I avoided my Weeklies as I had no need to use them and no exercise was completed as I can't at the moment so all in all 3lbs for a week which was easy if I'm honest wasn't a bad loss.

Start a diary on here Sweetie, it's helped me immensely as everyone is so lovely and if there was a time I was felling a bit down during the week I just logged on here and checked my messages! If you would like to have a read of my diary and maybe subscribe its called 'Hello From UKSerena'

Good Luck Sweetie, you can do this. X

I can relate as I am an emotional eater and I am on medication that is known for quite big weight gains.

Set small, achievable goals to begin with and you'll feel so much better every time you meet those.

Take it one day at a time and you will find it easier to stick to the weight watchers programme. Remember nothing is off limits as long as you point it.

Hi,

Thank you all for replying, I've decided to draw a line and start again tomorrow although my wi day is on a Wednesday. And like you said to take it a day at a time. I've found online a pic of a plate which shows you how much of each food group you should eat so I'm going to be getting a ceramic pen and draw the lines on my plate so there's no getting of having the right portions on my plate so that's a start.

I hope to be more active on the forum again, there is some great advice :)

Thanks again

Hi,

Thank you all for replying, I've decided to draw a line and start again tomorrow although my wi day is on a Wednesday. And like you said to take it a day at a time. I've found online a pic of a plate which shows you how much of each food group you should eat so I'm going to be getting a ceramic pen and draw the lines on my plate so there's no getting of having the right portions on my plate so that's a start.

I hope to be more active on the forum again, there is some great advice :)

Thanks again

Is that the diet plate? I think those are a fab idea, look forward to hearing how you get on with it. X

I agree with ununpentium.
Set tiny tiny goals.
I have a whole list of them in my signature, and it's a great feeling being able to tick one off.
I also suggested to somebody else who tends to reward herself with food to make other rewards, like nuttydentalnurse suggested.
Like a nice hot bath, or getting your nails done.
Do you have a partner? Or someone close that you can get to support you?
Work out a treat timeline with them maybe?!
Set a small goal, and next to it the (non-food) treat you'll have when you reach it.
Then pop the list on your fridge or the snack cupboard, and when you find yourself going there, read the list and decide whether that 2 minutes of snacking is worth taking more time to reach that next reward.
But as Serena said, you've done well by posting on here.
Everyone is extremely friendly and supportive on here.
Good luck with your weight loss journey.
We're here with you!!
x

I agree with ununpentium.
Set tiny tiny goals.
I have a whole list of them in my signature, and it's a great feeling being able to tick one off.
I also suggested to somebody else who tends to reward herself with food to make other rewards, like nuttydentalnurse suggested.
Like a nice hot bath, or getting your nails done.
Do you have a partner? Or someone close that you can get to support you?
Work out a treat timeline with them maybe?!
Set a small goal, and next to it the (non-food) treat you'll have when you reach it.
Then pop the list on your fridge or the snack cupboard, and when you find yourself going there, read the list and decide whether that 2 minutes of snacking is worth taking more time to reach that next reward.
But as Serena said, you've done well by posting on here.
Everyone is extremely friendly and supportive on here.
Good luck with your weight loss journey.
We're here with you!!
x

I'm a single parent but have my mum for support. I'm back at group tomorrow and I've bee trying the distraction technique by reading a novel and magazines :) and I'm going to try the things you all have suggested.

Wishing everyone well and Thank you x

It's good that you've got someone close to support you.
Maybe you can arrange treats with your mum when you hit a certain goal, she looks after your kid(s) for an evening so you can have a night to yourself. Or the two of you can go for a pamper day. Something like that.
Well done on the distraction techniques. Are you finding them easy or do you still have the urges to eat?

Good luck! X

I'm a single parent but have my mum for support. I'm back at group tomorrow and I've bee trying the distraction technique by reading a novel and magazines :) and I'm going to try the things you all have suggested.

Wishing everyone well and Thank you x

Hi Sweetie, I'm also a single parent so know how hard it is to keep motivated and distracted but it sounds as though y are doing a fab job so far. Good Luck for your meeting today Sweetie. X

Back