Stuffing

breadcrumbs from your hexb,
chopped onion
thyme chopped or dried or sage chopped or dried.
beat egg and pour into combined ingredients. mix well. stuff meat/roll into balls and cook.

from sw website:
2 large onions
2 garlic cloves
a handful each of fresh parsley, thyme, sage & tarragon
1 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Peel and chop the onions and garlic. Chop the parsley, thyme, sage and tarragon. Grate the lemon zest, cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice. Mix together the onion, garlic, herbs, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Season well to taste

In this months mag you get a free calendar - it has pork stuffing balls on it. My mum made them last sunday and we all loved them.

Rice
Onion
Mince beef
Parsley
salt & pepper
Handful of cranberries or a few dried Apricot chopped in small pieces
some chopped walnuts or almonds (depending how many syns you have)
Chop onions finely, add to mince beef and fry. Drain excess fat. Wash rice and add with salt & pepper. Add half a cup of water. Bring to boil and simmer. Rice needs to be half cooked. Add cranberries or Apricot and walnut/almond. Add chopped parsley. This can be used to stuff poultry or Red meat.
Alternatively you can had this on its own for lunch or dinner - If you have it as your main meal make sure rice is cooked well.

Just noticed this and thought I'd mention my cheats sausagemeat stuffing.

6 Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages
3 ww sausages (0.5 a syn each)
1 egg

defrost the lm sausages then mash them in a bowl with a beaten egg and the sausage meat, roll into balls and roast. I got 8 balls at 1.5 syns for all of them x

Back