Stumbled...but with good reason!

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
Boys.. you might want to look away now...

I stumbled last night. I'm having the period from hell, very bad cramps, headache, diahorrea, nausea, the lot. I feel terrible, and my dear OH came home with a bar of cadbury's. well, what's a girl to do but eat the entire (family sized) bar??? :sigh:

To be honest, I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty. Probably because I still feel terrible today. I'm taking Co-codamol and it's not taking away the pain all together. :(

I don't know if it's this diet, but they seem to be getting worse and worse. More painful and heavier, every month. I don't take the pill anymore, so that's probably why they feel worse. And no its interferring with my life - I had to leave work early yesterday - I need to find a way of making them easier.

What do you girls do to relieve your symptoms? I'm seeing my doctor next week - any suggestions on what I should ask her for? Any advice please??

I had one period that was really bad and I was 13 days late. I had three weeks of PMT and swelling and water-retention followed by the period from Hell!

The following one - the last one was 11 days early and I had no PMT no warning, nothing!

All I do is to take paracetamol anyway, which sorts the pain out.

Exercise helps too - go for walk perhaps.

Hope things improve for you x

Thanks for the reply STBG. Paracetamol just didn't do it for me unfortunately. And neither is co-codamol at the moment. i'm finding it very difficult to concentrate on my work (which is my excuse for being on here!). Its poo being a girl sometimes!

if its very heavy and is lasting a long time the doc can prescribe transexamic acid to stop the bleeding ( doesnt work for everyone, didnt stop mine ) the other thing they can try is primulot N you take it day 19 - 26 then stop for a light 3 - 4 day long period

Boys.. you might want to look away now...

I stumbled last night. I'm having the period from hell, very bad cramps, headache, diahorrea, nausea, the lot. I feel terrible, and my dear OH came home with a bar of cadbury's. well, what's a girl to do but eat the entire (family sized) bar??? :sigh:

To be honest, I don't feel in the slightest bit guilty. Probably because I still feel terrible today. I'm taking Co-codamol and it's not taking away the pain all together. :(

I don't know if it's this diet, but they seem to be getting worse and worse. More painful and heavier, every month. I don't take the pill anymore, so that's probably why they feel worse. And no its interferring with my life - I had to leave work early yesterday - I need to find a way of making them easier.

What do you girls do to relieve your symptoms? I'm seeing my doctor next week - any suggestions on what I should ask her for? Any advice please??

Joolz hope you feel better soon - I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't get heavy or painful periods (2 days at the most!) and so I probably won't be able to give you any advice on that front I am afraid, but like you said you don't feel bad about eating a whole family sized bar and that would be normal chick. If you think about it, that was damage limitation....what else would you have normally munched your way through had you have not be on this crazy diet?! I wouldn't have stopped at the choc if that had been me. Be happy with your achievements so far and believe that you can finish this, it is just a small bump in the road thats all.

Take care
Tattyxx

Thanks sumayyah - I'll discuss those two options with my GP when I see her.

Dancing - I think it probably was a male who said that!! LOL. If I didn't feel so wretched (and if my OH wasn't so squeamish!) I might give it a try! I think I might head to the gym this lunchtime and just walk on the treadmill for a while, see if it helps.

Tatty, you are so lovely - thank you for that. Yes, the chocolate would have just been the tip of the iecberg once upon a time. Then it would have been half a loaf of bread, toasted with a butter mountain on it, or a chinese takeaway (my old fave 'feeling sorry for myself' comfort food) and a tub of Ben & Jerrys!

I'll try and keep away from the chocolate otday, but if I succumm to the hot choc in the kitchen, I won't beat myself up too much. Blasted hormones! :eek:

Thanks sumayyah - I'll discuss those two options with my GP when I see her.

Dancing - I think it probably was a male who said that!! LOL. If I didn't feel so wretched (and if my OH wasn't so squeamish!) I might give it a try! I think I might head to the gym this lunchtime and just walk on the treadmill for a while, see if it helps.

Tatty, you are so lovely - thank you for that. Yes, the chocolate would have just been the tip of the iecberg once upon a time. Then it would have been half a loaf of bread, toasted with a butter mountain on it, or a chinese takeaway (my old fave 'feeling sorry for myself' comfort food) and a tub of Ben & Jerrys!

I'll try and keep away from the chocolate otday, but if I succumm to the hot choc in the kitchen, I won't beat myself up too much. Blasted hormones! :eek:

So, how are you doing Joolz? I hope you have coped ok, I know there is nothing worse than feeling cr*p, but hey ho moving swiftly on eh?!
Keep posting poppet, you will feel better soon :)

Tatty xx

Hi joolz
Did you have painfull periods before you went on the pill? It's just that I always had a dreadful time. then it eased up when I was on the pill, which was for quite along time. When I came off to try to conceive, the painful periods were back. I was in agony every month and no amount of painkillers had any effect at all. It was only when I had tests for infertility that I discovered I had endometriosis. Don't want to scare you (I have three kids!) but I wish someone had told me about this long before it became a major issue for me. It may be worth looking it up on the net and, if the symptoms apply to you, mention it to your GP.

K9
x

Back