Subway

X Kelly X

Silver Member
Anyone know best thing to have in subway syn wise using a 6 inch sub? Or do they do salads? I'm not sure ...?

Calories in Subway Sandwiches

Technically, as they're ready made and especially as Subway don't use Wholemeal, the whole shebang should be syn'd. .The link above gives the respective calories so you can use the 20 cals = 1 syn rule. .The calories listed don't appear to show any dressing - they're all low fat in Subway but you'd need to add a couple more syns to cover it.

However, as the salad 'filling' would be free and you could choose a free 'meat' filling, I'd tend to just syn the bread roll. .As their 6" sub rolls are approx 75g I'd bargain for approx 10 syns (using 50g Sub Roll from Optimising Book as 6.5 syns) - so not a regular treat.

Yes they do do salads - in fact I had one for lunch today after swimming. .Plenty of salad, chicken & syn free dressing (from home) - gorgeous & FREE.

There are a couple of threads in the Eating Out forum that you might be interested in too - just do a search for 'Subway'

Very few of their subs are under the daily allowance of 15 syns so it's best to stick to the salads. There is a article on Subway on the slimming world website.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

You are 9 syns for a white or wheat 6" sub. Add free meats like turkey, ham or chicken, salad and avoid the cheese and dressings.
Subway give the calories for their dressings so you can use 1 syn for every 20 calories - the lowest is honey mustard at 1½ syns per serving but be aware that a serving is only about a tbsp and they can easily put on four or more times that amount. It's a very easy way to really push up the syn content.

Or they have salad bowls which would be free on EE if you have the meats mentioned above, again with no cheese or dressing.

I get a plain salad and then add my own bits and pieces eg boiled egg, quorn peppered steak (½ syn), babybel lights (HEA) and balsamic vinegar (free) - yummy!

Back