Extra Easy Success at home?

mummyClark

Silver Member
Hi everyone I did slimming world last year and lost a stone but had to give up when I lost my job
I decided to start again yesterday but only at home, I don't feel ready to join a club again yet
So I was wondering whether anyone else has had success on their own and whether you have any tips?

Hi,

I used to go to class but for various reasons stopped going & put the weight back on.

I started again this April, doing it myself at home & I've lost more now than before. I am very motivated & I think that's what keeps me going. I REALLY want to succeed on SW so I give it my all, knowing it can be a little more difficult without the support of image therapy & a consultant. This board is great, there are so many ladies full of helpful info & encouragement. Any questions, just ask & you'll find what you're looking for :)

I have never been to a class! Would love to but its not possible for me. Borrowed my friends books and havent looked back :) x

I do sw at home, using my old books from last year and this site. I have created and printed some food diarys and stick them on my fridge so I can just fill it in when I'm cooking. The only tip I really have is don't weigh yourself everyday, you need to set a day and stick to it! Good luck! X

Thanks guys, I have just loaded my scales into the back of my car to take to my mums, so no daily weigh in for me, I'm gonna try hard, I just don't know if I'll do it without the pressure of having someone else see my weight. I know I need to do it though been really unhappy with how I look lately, and it's putting a strain on my marriage as my husband hates me crying all the time over it.
Any easy recipes people can recommend? X

I just don't know if I'll do it without the pressure of having someone else see my weight. X

Personally, me being unhappy with myself is all the motivation I need. You sound determined so I think you can do it :)

Do you have any of the recipe books? There are lots of easy recipes, like pasta with lots of veg, stir frys. All filling & delicious :)

LisaC said:
Do you have any of the recipe books? There are lots of easy recipes, like pasta with lots of veg, stir frys. All filling & delicious :)

Yer I do have a couple of books, just know I found it hard last time as a lot of them take quite a while to cook, and time isn't easy to come by with a toddler running around
I am determined though, just think im gonna have to ease into it and hope my husband starts being a bit more enthusiastic about it. I'm sure it will get better when I do the family shop and get more of the ingredients that I'm gonna need

Ah I see. I do find the time for prep & then cooking can feel like forever. Search on here for some 'quick' recipes' & maybe you'll find some helpful ones x

I am doing it at home too. Good Luck! Everytime I reach for something naughty I say to myself "do I really want that ....... or do I want to feel AMAZING"

I tried to follow to the plan at home for a little while, but I just couldn't stick to it. For me, I need the support of a consultant and group, and the fact that someone else is going to be weighing me is what keeps me motivated (I don't want to embarrass myself by gaining).

Everyone is different, however, and I believe it all comes down to how much will-power, motivation and self-support you have. If you are determined to shift the weight, you will do it. Good luck xx

Thanks everyone, iv done it on my own for 2 weeks now and have lost 5 pounds so far, so I'm feeling confident, my birthday is coming next month though so little afraid but I'm gonna be conservative, I won't drink, so I cam tuck in to some birthday cake x

Back