Success Express Questions

Lonestitcher

Silver Member
After struggling with gaining and losing the same couple of pounds, over the last month or two, I'm giving success express a go....

I have a slightly older pack (it has the EE booklet, but also the SE and M2M). I understand that what is considered Superfree has changed from what is in my booklet....

I know that eggs are now just free but what about quorn and cottage cheese/yoghurts??

If I'm having a roast dinner (chicken and lots of veg), I understand that any potato would be part of the 1/3rd. If I have the potato as a hexB, where does it fit in? Can I use it as part of my 2/3rds? Do I need to have 2/3rds of veg, 1/3rd of chicken and then have the potato as an extra???

I'm so confused!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

P.S. Normally I would just text my consultant but she is on holiday this week.

Superfree is fruit and veggies only.
All common veggies except potatoes, starch veg like peas, sweetcorn, parsnip and beans. And I think all fruits....

I've just been reading up on it as gonna give it ago myself this week, with your roast dinner you could have meat and your potatoes so long as there is 2/3 super free (fruit and veg) basically you can mix your red and green days so long as 2/3 are super free!and you can have any HEX from red or green as well.
Hope this helps! X

Thanks Ally, but I was wondering, if I take my potato as a HEXB, (thus giving me more room for chicken - I love chicken!!), do I still need 2/3rds of just superfree, or can I put the HEXB potato as part of the 2/3rds (because I am using it as a HEXB and not just a veg).

Well I'm guessing no as the point of having 2/3 super is to limit calorie intake at that meal and you can have as much pot as you want to anyway, but I know where you coming from. You want more potato and I guess your overall daily intake is the same as it's HEX but I'm guessing it defeats the idea of this particular plan-I don't know you've got me thinking now! X

It's not wanting more potato, but more chicken!!!

If 1/3 is chicken, and 2/3 is superfree - is the potato (as a hexb) separate, or can it be counted as part of the 2/3?

eg. 1/3 chicken, 1/3 broccoli, 1/3 carrot PLUS potato (as a hexb)
or 1/3 chicken, 1/3 broccoli, 1/3 HEXB potato (ok, it probably won't be a 1/3 size for a hexb, but you get the idea)

No you can't count the potato as part of the 2/3 because as said potato is not a superfree food. Superfood are just those fruit and veg that are syn free on BOTH red and green and obviously potato isn't free on red.

HTH

Oh I understand now! No!
Ha ha I guess it can 1/3 chicken 2/3broc/carrots and pot HEX but not as part of super free as it's not super free cos it's not free on red and green! Got there in the end! Xx

Back